I have tree trunks at the end of my legs

Options
As a 19 y/o with relatively low body fat I have 16 1/2 inch calves (42 cms) and I do not know how to slim them. I think it is mostly muscle but would losing weight help? What sort of exercises should I be doing to make them smaller (goal is 13 inches but that's likely impossible to attain)? I think it is mostly genetic but I play netball which may grow them.

Replies

• ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you heavy everywhere or just in your calves? I actually don't know what measurement slender calves with muscles should be. How about your ankles and feet? Do you think you could be retaining water? I have a problem with that and have to take water pills daily. The good thing is you are so young. Good luck to you.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can’t make a specific part of your body thinner. So if you have ankles that are naturally thicker than you like, there isn’t much you can do specifically About that part of your body. I have thick ankles and knees, no matter what my weight.
  • anoukmh6
    anoukmh6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses :)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    We are all our own worst critics, I'm afraid. And I seem to recall being the worst self-critic when I was around your age. Best is to try to focus on being happy, healthy, and wise.

As for being healthy, take up almost any sport. Put those calves to good use!