I NEED grains...can I still lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do have good success with weight loss by giving up grains.

A lot of people have good success with weight loss without giving up grains.

Whatever keeps your calories at a deficit = success.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    sadly it seems your head has been filled with misinformation about nutrition, fitness, and weight control
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Sadly, physics has proven that grains cause gainz.

Oh heck...does that mean that beanz meanz gainz as well!?

beanz meanz leanz!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies if you eat at a calorie deficit, but it's best to eat reasonably healthful food that makes you feel good. So you're doing that. So carry on.
  • walkwallfall
    walkwallfall Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat grains. I'm not convinced they are evil whatsoever.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's not carbs that are bad it's the type of carbs! All it takes is a switch to wholemeal, sorted :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    ugh i hate posts like these.

eat whatever the hell you want, unless you have an allergy or intollerance to eat. just eat a sensible amount, drink water and move your body around and BOOM, weight loss.

::rolls eyes::
  • linalovekitty
    Options

u r not very nice
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    It's not carbs that are bad it's the type of carbs! All it takes is a switch to wholemeal, sorted :)
    It's not like you explode if you eat some that are refined, you know. I eat plenty of both, and I'm still losing.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yes .....CALORIC INTAKE VS OUTPUT for weight loss
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Grains? "I'm having 'grains' for tea."

Must be a Yank thing.

Always eat your grains and two veg.

What do you call veg? Roots?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

eat whatever the hell you want, unless you have an allergy or intollerance to eat. just eat a sensible amount, drink water and move your body around and BOOM, weight loss.

Why reply to them then?
    Just skip them. BOOM problem solved.

Everyone is at a different place. Everyone has different experiences with dieting. Some folks have never tried to lose weight before. Everyone learns differently. Even YOUR OWN beliefs have change, probably, as you've worked toward your goals. Why not cut others some slack? If you can't, then yes, I'd say: don't read them.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am losing steadily with eating grains/carbs everyday,I eat wholemeal bread, wholemeal bagels, ryvita crackers however i dont like brown rice or pasta so I skip rice and pasta, I also love starchy vegetables like potatos. Most bread and breakfast cereals are fortified with vitamins, minerals and iron as a bonus
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Why reply to them then?
    Just skip them. BOOM problem solved.

Everyone is at a different place. Everyone has different experiences with dieting. Some folks have never tried to lose weight before. Everyone learns differently. Even YOUR OWN beliefs have change, probably, as you've worked toward your goals. Why not cut others some slack? If you can't, then yes, I'd say: don't read them.

:love:
    insert 'slow clap' gif riiiight here :drinker:
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    [

this is exactly me! thank you very much for articulating it so well :)

ive never had to lose weight before and all the conflicting info i get has actually impeded me from losing bc its confused me to no end. I dont sit in front of the tv and eat crap where I can say "oh gee Ill just skip the 2liters of coke and the bags of oreos and watch the lbs melt off"- im a naturally thin girl and up until 2 years ago maintained my weight perfectly. now i have 25lbs to lose. I eat very clean and healthy naturally. Im very good at maintaining, losing is different. and everyone i know swears by low carb. And, as I described, low carb kills me. I could eat 3000cals of meat and not be full-low carb is probably responsible for 10 of my 25lbs.. but i could eat a little brown rice and sashimi (500cals) and be full.

what ive been having to wrap my head around is the philosphies behind certain diets. From what I can gather, low carb is all about insulin balance and regulating appetite, allowing some to eat less. Also, it seems like some ppl are carb sensitive, they eat bread and their insulin goes all over the place and they overeat- my husband and sister are like this- they eat one piece of bread and they need the whole loaft. So for them, eating low carb is the answer in dieting. However, there are others whose insulin and appetite are better regulated via a balanced diet (which is me im realizing), and eating grains like bread actually fill me up for hours. thus low carb is not the right diet for me. the confusion comes from soooo many differing oppinions and me being so afraid im doing it wrong and am going to keep gaining