Can't be me! Danged electronic scale won't budge!

I was experiencing this lovely WHOOSH. Pounds were falling off and pooling around my feet -- even with occasional, reckless, off-diary snarfing. Then it stopped. I'm behaving now but it stopped. A gazillion (okay three) days ago the scale picked a weight it liked and stuck there.

I tried to break the scale of the habit. I got on naked so I weighed less and it subtracted the weight of my nightie like a good scale. I picked up boxes of cat food and it added them as it should. I got on in my nightie, empty handed as usual and it went back to its favorite number! I even changed its batteries and it still won't budge.

It can't be me. I KNOW I'm losing weight because I am behaving so well -- at least for the last 72 hours. Oh, okay, I'll wait. I'll give it time. Danged scale.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    <3 I've been thinking about your recent post with the rising blood sugar. Heidi, insulin resistance makes all of this a tad more difficult. You've drawn your line in the sand. You're going to get there come 'hail' or high water.

rnc5gtam1olo.png

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,720 Member
    Some call it a plateau, some call it setting up the preconditions for the next 'whoosh'. ;)

With your sensible approach, you're going to get there.

Yup, sometimes patience stinks. But it mostly works. :lol:

Hang in there! :)
  • michelleborda1
    michelleborda1 Posts: 8 Member
    I was experiencing this lovely WHOOSH. Pounds were falling off and pooling around my feet -- even with occasional, reckless, off-diary snarfing. Then it stopped. I'm behaving now but it stopped. A gazillion (okay three) days ago the scale picked a weight it liked and stuck there.

I tried to break the scale of the habit. I got on naked so I weighed less and it subtracted the weight of my nightie like a good scale. I picked up boxes of cat food and it added them as it should. I got on in my nightie, empty handed as usual and it went back to its favorite number! I even changed its batteries and it still won't budge.

It can't be me. I KNOW I'm losing weight because I am behaving so well -- at least for the last 72 hours. Oh, okay, I'll wait. I'll give it time. Danged scale.

• michelleborda1
    michelleborda1 Posts: 8 Member
    I hear you. I did the plateau for almost two years, five pounds away from my goal, then STOPPED weighing myself. During quarantine, I have added 3 miles of a walk in the morning, to my 30 minute spin class and weight lifting routine. Results? UP THREE POUNDS. I am livid. I know, I know, I know...many reasons can be contributing to the increase. I am an accountant, so the numbers mess with my head. I am not happy this morning - but am determined.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    I hate when that happens. Just stay the course and the scale will catch up. When losing, daily fluctuations in weight are at least as large as your weekly loss, so your near-term progress is easily hidden. But, if you control what you eat with consistency (and zeal), you cannot fail in the long run!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    A day later it dropped 7 pounds. I think the scale capitulated.