Difficulty sleeping and eating enough calories. New in these things.

Options
Background : I am 150 cm, 113 pounds as of 10th of June, 30F. I have always been average, not skinny, not overweight either. Last time I checked my weight was 5 years ago in 2015 and I was 98-ish pounds. Over the course of 5 years, I started working from home, stopped playing weekly ice hockey, worked 14-16 hours a day, ate almost the same thing, maybe less junk even since I seldom go out. Fast forward to 2020, I started feeling heavier, uncomfortable, had difficulty keeping up with the new kitten and wanted to do something about it and weighed myself.

I did not want to change my eating habit at first but see how I eat by logging for the first two weeks and also incorporate exercises. What I found from logging the last five days was that I eat less than 1200 calories, This is not intentional, I just am not hungry. The main issue is that I can't sleep well these days. I am working out for about 6 days now, 30-60 min of jump roping and recommended routine from reddit. I don't get super tired by working out. I actually enjoy the workout session. It's very meditative for me. I am also logging the food into cronometer to see if I have deficiency or not. I don't eat enough protein, but other than that I am hitting 70-80% of my nutrition goals. I do want to be healthy/ier and eat more, sleep well. Weight loss can be a bonus to it. But I don't function well without a good amount of sleep.

Replies