not new, but am restarting

Options
im an old hand at this, and lost 130 pounds (and still had a lot more to lose). gained 30 of that back over the past year and a half.

so. here we go again LOL

42 years young, 5'1, 214 pounds as of this morning.

little about me... married, have a 14 year old and a 20 acre homestead with 7 dogs, chickens and ducks (and goats coming by the end of the year, most likely).

i welcome new friends, but i wont comment on your diary (to be honest, I will probably never look at it). If i see you undereating purposely, i will unfriend you. just being honest, here. that said, i am happy to help teach you how to accurately weigh, measure and log your food, and after 8 years here, have a pretty solid understanding of how most things work.

i post about my life on occasion.

i eat what i want as long as i can make it fit in my calories. no low carb, keto, apple cider vinegar *kitten* for me.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The good news is you have kept the majority of that weight off so that is an achievement in itself.

All the best for losing, you did it before, you will do it again.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,172 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know precisely what to do :smile:
    I have the same approach, anything 'goes' if it fits in my calories. And no starvation stuff, I aim to eat as much as possible while still losing weight!

Good luck :+1:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Sounds like you know precisely what to do :smile:
    I have the same approach, anything 'goes' if it fits in my calories. And no starvation stuff, I aim to eat as much as possible while still losing weight!

Good luck :+1:

food makes me so happy LOLOL
  • B3sha
    B3sha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been using MFP on and off for years but have never really *really* stuck with it. This time I am seriously giving it my all. This is the first time I have ever ventured into the forums!

A bit about me. I am 37, married, have 2 daughters (11 and 7). I recently lost my job thanks to COVID 19 so have been depressed and I guess I eat and drink a bit more and do less exercise while depressed weird! 🤔

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Back again also. New MFP profile, but not 'new' to MFP. I have found for me its important to stay busy, as when I'm not doing anything I find myself thinking about food. I'm accepting friends. I will look at diaries, more for ideas than anything else, as it is so easy to get into a rut of doing the same thing too often. I am also in the anything goes, in moderation, camp.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    B3sha wrote: »
    Hi! I have been using MFP on and off for years but have never really *really* stuck with it. This time I am seriously giving it my all. This is the first time I have ever ventured into the forums!

A bit about me. I am 37, married, have 2 daughters (11 and 7). I recently lost my job thanks to COVID 19 so have been depressed and I guess I eat and drink a bit more and do less exercise while depressed weird! 🤔

i do think the forums were one of the reasons i was able to lose and maintain (till i got married and got happy LOL) my weight. i dont drink now but did quite a bit when i initially lost my weight. granted, i would skip meals to make room for the alcohol, but.... whatever LOL
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back, MsCallsyoulikesyouseeit.