Need food inspiration

Options
pins1982
pins1982 Posts: 18 Member
I’m looking for some food inspiration I tend to eat the same thing for lunch but I’m getting bored of it, can anyone give me some ideas rather then soup, crackers, wraps etc

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What do you have to work with? Fridge, microwave, oven, etc.? I have an office job and do have access to a fridge and microwave at work.

If I bring leftovers from dinner the night before, I weigh my portions before packing them in containers.

Sandwiches - I use low cal bread (about 70 cals for 2 slices) and may do peanut butter & jelly or ham or turkey and cheese. With raw veggies.

Or frozen microwavable meals.

Salad with the protein of your choice. My preferred salad lately has been lettuce, bacon, blue cheese crumbles w/ light ranch dressing and 1-2 other veggies tossed in depending on what is available. Or spinach (+ other veggies) with light Italian and blackened chicken breast.

If I'm picking up food: 6 inch sub from Subway or Zaxby's blackened chicken Zalad or Chick Fil A grilled chicken sandwich.
  • pins1982
    pins1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m still furloughed at the min but when back at work I’ll only have a microwave and kettle. I will have to look for low calorie bread as I’ve been having ryvita as bread eats up to many off my calories
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are located: but Kroger grocery store is where I find a low cal bread. The brand name is Healthy Life and they have a few varieties in the 35-45 cals per slice range.