Alcoholic Beverages

Options

Replies

• verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Make it fit. I'd slap someone if they tried to take my craft beers away. I'd slap them long, hard, and make them think about what they did.

And then I'd grind salt in their eye sockets. Make the boozes fit in your lifestyle and be happy.
    use their tears to brew a Gose.

I could kiss you right now.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Drink coke zero or coke cherry zero with vodka or rum in it. Drink just plain shots of liquor. Drink red wine. :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Make it fit. I'd slap someone if they tried to take my craft beers away. I'd slap them long, hard, and make them think about what they did.

And then I'd grind salt in their eye sockets. Make the boozes fit in your lifestyle and be happy.
    use their tears to brew a Gose.

I could kiss you right now.
    Give 'em a big spoonful of coriander first.
  • thequiltmama
    Options
    Yummy....vodka

I am glad to see this posting. I am very curious to find a lower calorie vodka. I prefer Smirnoff but haven't tried the sorbet lites yet. Are they good?
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    love this thread!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I know that someone trying to lose weight should refrain from alcohol all together

WHO HAS BEEN SPREADING SUCH LIES??!!!

This is what I'd like to know. I almost cried when I read that. They'll need to pry the maker's mark outta my cold, dead hands before I give it up!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have heard that clear alcoholic beverages are "better" for you. As in they don't put a hinder on the whole weight loss thing. A personal trainer told me that alcohol slows down the metabolism for 48 hours after you consume the drinks. But then others say if it fits in your calories go for it ..
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Personally I find this all very confusing. I do notice that, in spite of fitting into my cals, I tend to put on weight or break even on weeks when I have alcohol. I do need to cut it down at weekends!!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    u can still lose weight even if u are drinking alcohol but in moderate like once a week,once a month,once a year or in occasions only

#hth
  • choijanro
    Options
    u can still lose weight even if u are drinking alcohol but in moderate like once a week,once a month,once a year or in occasions only

#hth

p.s

as long as u still continue ur diet and exercise
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Personally I find this all very confusing. I do notice that, in spite of fitting into my cals, I tend to put on weight or break even on weeks when I have alcohol. I do need to cut it down at weekends!!
    calories in v calories out. Maybe you're not measuring your booze accurately? Plus water retention.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

#hth

I drank all the time when I lost the 100 pounds.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Straight alcohol will almost always have less cals than the same size mixed drink.

However, if you're in the mood, here's my fave marg recipe.

1 1/2 oz or more REALLY GOOD Silver tequila...whatever brand you like, but get a good one.
    1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
    1/2 to 1 oz agave nectar. I prefer 1/2 oz.

Shake really well in shaker with ice.

Drink that baby back.

It's better if you're in a pool on a floatie.....

Sounds yummy!!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There is no reason why you can't have alcoholic beverages if you are trying to lose weight. Whatever drinks you have are worth a certain number of calories. Factor them in like any other item in your diary and hit your goals. The only danger comes in when you drink too much and then lose the self control you need to stick to your calorie goals.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I drink on occasion and work it into my calories for the day. I am going out for a Girls' Night Out tonight and realized I only had enough cals left for 1 glass of red wine (Malbec), so I went for a walk at lunch, and now I've got enough for 2 glasses of wine.

I thought alcohol had a somewhat diuretic effect. I don't find I gain after drinking alcohol if it fit into my calorie goal.

Don't deprive yourself! You'll never stick to a plan if you don't have enjoyable food and drink factored in. I had pizza for lunch and steak for dinner yesterday and lost weight!
  • choijanro
    Options

#hth

what ? are u kidding me? u mean u drink alcohol everyday and u still lose weight? ,,, but im sure maybe ur liver or kidney are not healthy or ur lungs,brain & heart, because too much alcohol can gain weight because of the calories and damage ur internal organs just like what i mention
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Options
    I have heard that clear alcoholic beverages are "better" for you. As in they don't put a hinder on the whole weight loss thing. A personal trainer told me that alcohol slows down the metabolism for 48 hours after you consume the drinks. But then others say if it fits in your calories go for it ..

The only part that sounds true is the very last part...
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Options

#hth

what ? are u kidding me? u mean u drink alcohol everyday and u still lose weight? ,,, but im sure maybe ur liver or kidney are not healthy or ur lungs,brain & heart, because too much alcohol can gain weight because of the calories and damage ur internal organs just like what i mention

You can drink alcohol every day, at a healthy and "moderate" amount, not go over on your calories, not gain weight, and not damage your liver, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, or other organs.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you drink maybe one glass of wine or one beer a day, not gonna kill you.

Oh and I have a thing for Summer Shandy. So damn good!!
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just a little helpful information from an article as to why to avoid alcohol. Take from it what you want. Everyone has different goals and wants for their bodies but a little info never hurt anyone. lol

5 Ways Alcoholism and Alcohol Can Hurt Your Bodybuilding Progress

Many new bodybuilding enthusiasts realize that they have to change their lifestyle if they want to become serious about building muscles.

This includes refraining from alcohol consumption because alcohol has many adverse effects on one’s ability to gain and maintain muscle mass.

This article discusses the five major ways alcohol can hurt your bodybuilding progress.

First, alcohol hinders protein synthesis. Drinking alcohol slows down the process of protein synthesis by about 20%. This presents a problem because your muscles are comprised of protein.

Second, alcohol consumption decreases testosterone in the body and increases estrogen. Testosterone, found in both men and women, is the key hormone that the body produces to build muscle.

The amount of testosterone a person has in their body determines how much muscle they can gain. And since women have considerably lower levels of testosterone than men do, they are already at a disadvantage.

Third, alcohol makes you dehydrated. When a person consumes alcohol, the kidneys have to work overtime to filter water throughout the body to break down the alcohol.

Water is very important to building muscles since muscles are made up of 70% water. If your body is dehydrated it does not have enough water in it to build muscle.

Fourth, alcohol causes the body to lose vitamins and minerals such as A, C, the B’s, calcium, zinc, and phosphorus. These vitamins and minerals are needed by your body to help it function properly, sustain muscle growth and maintenance.

And the last major problem that alcohol causes is that it increases the amount of fat the body stores. Alcohol is actually sugar and the sugar gets converted into fat if unused.