Motivation Monday-- Tell me something good!

Options
Tell me something helpful/motivating. It's Monday, I'm tired, I have my plan today ready to go, but could use a little stick-to-it-ness fun.

If you can't think of anything, here are some prompts:

Veteran Fitness Guru's: What's your best advice for those with significant amount of weight to lose? And/or share your journey.

People who've hit their goals/are close to their goals: What was the thing that made it click for you? How did you just get it done? And/or share your journey.

A little more than Newbies: What's keeping you going?

Newbies: What is something that you are excited about?

Replies

• breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    As of this morning I've lost 92 lbs in the last 14 months. And that's after gaining then plateauing for the last 5-6 weeks, and honestly eating way too much the last few days since I'm on vacation.

Perseverance wins through. If you take it day by day all the little wins add up.

Love this!!! Congrats on your progress!
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Newbie here:

I've been working out with Leslie Sansone's videos for 5-6 weeks. I found new thigh muscle this morning and got up ogff the floor without huffing and grunting today! I'm psyched to keep going!
  • besmith11
    besmith11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    As of today, I completed 10k steps after having surgery on my knees 6 months ago.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    pl7xnec5fnsq.jpeg
    A little humor for your Monday.

I am by no means a veteran, but I’m about 40 lbs down from the start of Feb and I am almost done with the the couch to 5k running program, tonight I ran 28 minutes non stop for the third time. My advice would be find something that doesn’t feel like work or a drag to make yourself do. You can only drag yourself to work out so much before you find enough excuses not to do it. Surprisingly, now I look forward to going out for a run in the evenings because all day I’m working or making dinner or putting my kids to bed. Then it’s finally me time out of the house, my music, my choice where I’m off to.

Good luck! Hope your Monday turned out ok.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    pl7xnec5fnsq.jpeg
    A little humor for your Monday.

I am by no means a veteran, but I’m about 40 lbs down from the start of Feb and I am almost done with the the couch to 5k running program, tonight I ran 28 minutes non stop for the third time. My advice would be find something that doesn’t feel like work or a drag to make yourself do. You can only drag yourself to work out so much before you find enough excuses not to do it. Surprisingly, now I look forward to going out for a run in the evenings because all day I’m working or making dinner or putting my kids to bed. Then it’s finally me time out of the house, my music, my choice where I’m off to.

Good luck! Hope your Monday turned out ok.

Great advice! I've been doing the same with food. I might power through some plain-ish meals (your typical chicken and broccoli) but at least once a day I have a side dish or meal that I really look forward to. Tonight, I made chicken sandwiches and sweet potato fries. Sometimes, I'll go for the chicken and broccoli with a side of mac and cheese. It just makes me look forward to my meals and makes it easier to stick to plan.