57 y old G-ma looking to get fit and healthy.

Options
Hi, My name is Susan and I'm from Western NY near Buffalo. Ugh where to start! I am the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed 128 pounds when I got married in 1982. I stayed firly trim all through my marriage until 1998 when I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and went on long term steroids. I gained a lot of weight due to the steroids. Then I would gain then lose.. gain then lose over and over. My husband passed away in 2005. I moved back to my home town and lost a LOT of weight. I was in a size L - XL healthy and fit and looked pretty darn good. I hurt my knee and in a matter of 15 years managed to have 2 knee replacements in the time leading up to the knee replacements I couldn't exercise. I have been dieting for about 3 weeks now. I started out at 295. I have lost 15 pounds. I am exercising and I am really trying hard. I want to be around for my kids and my grandkids for a long time.. But I also have an ulterior motive. My son is getting married on November first. I would love to lose 60 pounds before the wedding. My goal weight is 150. I know I won't lose the 145 pounds before the wedding. But I would be so happy to be in a size 18. I want to buy a knock out dress and look good for the pictures. It's not to much to ask right??

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Susan and I'm from Western NY near Buffalo. Ugh where to start! I am the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed 128 pounds when I got married in 1982. I stayed firly trim all through my marriage until 1998 when I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and went on long term steroids. I gained a lot of weight due to the steroids. Then I would gain then lose.. gain then lose over and over. My husband passed away in 2005. I moved back to my home town and lost a LOT of weight. I was in a size L - XL healthy and fit and looked pretty darn good. I hurt my knee and in a matter of 15 years managed to have 2 knee replacements in the time leading up to the knee replacements I couldn't exercise. I have been dieting for about 3 weeks now. I started out at 295. I have lost 15 pounds. I am exercising and I am really trying hard. I want to be around for my kids and my grandkids for a long time.. But I also have an ulterior motive. My son is getting married on November first. I would love to lose 60 pounds before the wedding. My goal weight is 150. I know I won't lose the 145 pounds before the wedding. But I would be so happy to be in a size 18. I want to buy a knock out dress and look good for the pictures. It's not to much to ask right??

You can do this!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You can do this but it will take time and commitment