Simple recipes for someone who can't cook?

Options
Chelseraptor
Chelseraptor Posts: 27 Member
I can't cook. If the cooking instructions don't say 'just add water' or 'boil 7-9 minutes' then I probably can't handle it.

I'm trying to get more comfortable in the kitchen and to put more healthy foods on the table, but I'm having a hard time finding recipes that don't have sixty ingredients (and what the heck is a caper, anyway?!) and complicated instructions.

Do you have any simple recipes you'd like to share?

Replies

• loveelyds
    loveelyds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Turkey chilli! So very good and nice and healthy!

1lb turkey gound meat (or lean gound beef)

1 can black beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can corn
    1 package of dry ranch dressing
    1 1/2 package of spicy taco seasoning
    1/2 white onion
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Look up things you want to eat/ want to try cooking on youtube. Maybe the visual learning method will help you!
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole

QFT
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Salmon or Tilapia - I just add salt, pepper & lemon pepper. bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. or you can grill it in foil packs also. then we have a vegetable and maybe a salad to go with it.

Crockpot Salsa Chicken - 4 frozen chicken breasts, 1 can of beans, 1 cup of frozen corn, packet of taco seasoning. (you can put anything else in that you would like; more beans, tomatoes) put everything in the crockpot in the morning on low. when I get home from work I shred the chicken and mix it all together and then put it in a tortilla or put it on top of rice.

Overnight Oats - 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (if you want), 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 packet of stevia. Mix all together and put in fridge overnight. Just grab and go in the morning. and you can add to it if you want, I have added; peanut butter, almond butter, vanilla extract, banana, frozen blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, almonds, pumpkin seeds.... what ever sounded good that day. and you can warm it up if you want.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot? They are miracle workers! Put chicken, tomato sauce, veggies (whatever you like) and cook.
    Serve over rice or pasta. YUM!

Healthy stuffed peppers: blanch green bell peppers, stuff with a mixture of ground turkey, brown rice, tomato sauce and seasonings, cook on 325 or350 for about 30-40 minutes. Top with low fat mozzarella and cook for another 10 minutes or until melted. YUM again!:laugh:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    "pull around to the second window"
  • kns6374
    kns6374 Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump

I can cook, I just get really lazy sometimes.