Do you ever just not like what you ate ?

Options
mc62412
mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
Like today, breakfast was : egg whites, bacon and a light English muffin with butter. - fine no issues there
Lunch was : chicken salad which I didn’t really care for so I only ate half of it. Went for an Apple and spit it out. - sucky lunch
Dinner was : a little bit of Shepard’s pie - wasn’t impressed. Snack some popcorn

I just feel like except breakfast, I hated my food choices today. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Well see what tomorrow brings.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sure, sometimes things don't turn out as planned. You don't say if they were items that you cooked yourself, or bought. It takes awhile to get your recipes down. I'm always changing things up and when I finally get it the way I like it I file it where I can find it again. If this happens often, you should figure out why, because when losing weight you should eat things you like, otherwise you won't stick with it. Also, tastes change as we do, so keep trying new recipes or foods now and again.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I make things all the time I just don't care for. It happens. The chickens are happy to eat the leftovers lol
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try pinchofnom.com they have amazing low calorie recipes on there 😋 everything is so good! The salt and pepper chips are just scrummy! Did you make your own Sheppard's pie or buy it? What was up with the apple 😂
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I make almost all my own food/meals - I very rarely buy frozen or pre-made or restaurant food.

If I'm going to be on a calorie budget, I'm damn well going to make food I love. :lol:

It does take practice.

And yeah, what was up with the apple?
  • rehand1978
    rehand1978 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a crappy apple yesterday too. It was a granny smith -which I usually love - but this one tasted off to me like it wasn't completely ready or something. I ate half and tossed the rest. I hate wasting food so it really sucks when I have something that just tastes so bad I can't finish it.
  • cmentis182
    cmentis182 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had leftover chinese takeaway for breakfast. I mean what was I thinking. I am a coffee and fruit person the first thing in the morning.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I ate an unripe pear with really tough skin. I couldn’t eat it. I had to spit it out and throw it away. I don’t like wasting food either but why eat something so objectionable.
  • mc62412
    edited June 2020
    Options
    allycs85 wrote: »
    Try pinchofnom.com they have amazing low calorie recipes on there 😋 everything is so good! The salt and pepper chips are just scrummy! Did you make your own Sheppard's pie or buy it? What was up with the apple 😂

I bought it. As a back up plan if dinner forgets to get planned lol. Or if I’ve got a work day that doesn’t allow me time to cook “real” food from scratch lol. It was ok. I ate it. But I wasn’t excited.
    Oh the Apple ! 🍎 I don’t know. I bit into it and it had a disgusting taste. I don’t really care for apples much to begin with but I’m trying to get in some fruit. Maybe it was the brand 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sure. But right in the trash it went !
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    One time I started eating a banana and had to spit it out because it was just way too overripe, even for me, and I like 'em brown and spotty. I usually have an easy backup, toast or eggs or something that keeps well in case something doesn't work out, or I get tired of a meal quicker than expected.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I will make a plan for what I’m eating for the day, but I feel flexible enough to switch something out if either I don’t feel like, something else came along that I’d like better, something in my fridge is gonna go bad soon so I should eat that first, etc. As long as it still fits my calories, I’m good. and yes, if I eat a fruit and it sucks (overripe, underripe, tasteless) I will stop eating it and devote my calories to something else.

But generally, when I make my plan, I only put stuff in there that I really like, because why waste calories on something that won’t be 90-100% enjoyable? So this doesn’t happen TOO often.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Also, if I order something at a restaurant (or somewhere where I didn’t prepare the food) and something on the plate isn’t great, I will just stop after the first few bites. Can’t waste calories on something I’m not enjoying!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Like today, breakfast was : egg whites, bacon and a light English muffin with butter. - fine no issues there
    Lunch was : chicken salad which I didn’t really care for so I only ate half of it. Went for an Apple and spit it out. - sucky lunch
    Dinner was : a little bit of Shepard’s pie - wasn’t impressed. Snack some popcorn

I just feel like except breakfast, I hated my food choices today. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Well see what tomorrow brings.

If it were ONE food choice I didn't like (especially apples; I'm picky about them), I wouldn't be concerned, but if suddenly NOTHING tastes good I'd be concerned it was a symptom of a larger medical issue, including coronavirus https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/loss-of-smell-taste-may-be-reliable-predictor-of-covid-19-study-67528
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This happens occasionally to me. A lot of the time is when I'm just trying to clean out the fridge and I'm combining my leftovers..I too hate to waste..Somedays when that happens I feel more munchy because my choices just didn't cut it for me for the day..I agree it sucks to waste calories on a meh meal.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    I ate an unripe pear with really tough skin. I couldn’t eat it. I had to spit it out and throw it away. I don’t like wasting food either but why eat something so objectionable.

I’m with you - unripe fruit is the worst. I’ve gotten to be quite obsessed with this and spend quite a it of time rotating produce between fridge and counter, smelling and gently squeezing before eating to minimise such scenarios 😂

• swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've been getting takeout 1x per week. I do extra walking to make up for it. Today I ordered wings and they were just not that good. Previously I might have just thrown them out saying it's not worth the calories. With budget cuts and all I really need to save money and I don't want to waste anything, so I ate them, but now I'm pretty disappointed that I wasted my one take out meal for this week!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Never happens to me.

I enjoy a very wide variety of foods. I make & cook most of what i eat and I don't buy any foods cooked or not that i don't care to eat.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I haven't rated the last two evening meals. Left most of them. Ugh.
  • mc62412
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    mc62412 wrote: »

If it were ONE food choice I didn't like (especially apples; I'm picky about them), I wouldn't be concerned, but if suddenly NOTHING tastes good I'd be concerned it was a symptom of a larger medical issue, including coronavirus https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/loss-of-smell-taste-may-be-reliable-predictor-of-covid-19-study-67528

No corona here ! Thank god. It wasn’t the whole day it was really just the salad and the chicken flavoring paired with the lettuce, I wasn’t a fan of. And the Shepard’s pie. I guess I feel like, it could have been better lol.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Yup. The worst is when I’ve saved calories for a meal I’m excited for and then it falls flat. Always a bummer.