Meal plans

Options
Add me as a friend and let's share food journals. I need meal ideas. I love unhealthy food unfortunately. Show me the light! Lol

Replies

• nccugirl7
    nccugirl7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today i ate navy beans and corn and sweet peas.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    To learn how to balance your diet, start with the "healthy eating plate" at https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/

@nccugirl7 's navy beans, corn and sweet peas does not a balanced diet make though they are certainly a more nutritious mix than a Snickers Bar, Mountain Dew, and a bag of potato chips. LOL

There are plenty of healthy recipes and suggestions on the web. Just search "healthy dinners" and they'll pop up. You can always adjust the proportions and actual ingredients to fit your nutrition and calorie needs.

You say you love "unhealthy" foods. Most of us have secret (and not so secret) yens for foods that are calorie-dense and nutrition-weak. If you were to leave me alone with a big bowl of rice pudding and whipped cream I would be a happy camper. I'd also be bloated and still hungry -- but with a smile on my face. So, at present, I avoid rice pudding. More nutritious and satisfying for me is a couple ounces of lightly salted mixed nuts -- more nutritious and more hunger sated. Other folks find other things that work or don't work for them.

Consider this to be a learning experience that will require some work on your part. You are trying to find a way of eating that controls your weight, keeps you healthy, and is ENJOYABLE. If it's not happy-making, you won't want to do it long term. Eating "junk" and (or too much in general) might bring short term satisfaction but you are looking for something more lasting.