If everyone says I look good,

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
does that mean I should stop trying to lose weight? I have people tell me I don't look like I need to lose more weight. I guess if I don't lose a lot more weight but firm up, I'll be okay. However, that stupid BMI says I'm still overweight.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Do this for you. Don't do this for other people. If you still feel like you want to lose weight and you're not in the healthy range, go for it. Keep going! Once you reach your goal weight, you can work on toning up so you look toned and shapely.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    does that mean I should stop trying to lose weight? I have people tell me I don't look like I need to lose more weight. I guess if I don't lose a lot more weight but firm up, I'll be okay. However, that stupid BMI says I'm still overweight.

A few points:

1. It's not all about looks - how do you feel? Are your stats (BP, heart rate, cholesterol, etc) good? If so you might be at a "healthy" weight already.
    2. BMI is a guide, but if I went off BMI, I'd look like a flagpole with a head on it.
    3. Probably a focus now on just "toning up" and weight maintenance is a good way to go.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wouldn't listen to the others, your goal is your goal, and I'm sure 135lbs is a healthy goal to obtain. In my case, the BMI still says I'm obese..... I also agree about your overall stats and where you are healthwise, and of course with this much weight loss you'll want to maintain and tone, make the most out of it, but don't stop just because others are saying stuff like that. It's YOUR lifestyle change.