I’m freaking out... I’ve missed five days of workouts

Options
I’m tired as hell. Just like every single mom is so I don’t like using that as an excuse. I’m trying to get back to my normal size but it’s so freaking hard for me to get my two workouts in everyday. I have a two year old that calls for me literally every passing minute. It helps when she’s with her father, but I think I need more than a weekend of workouts to hit my goal. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    What two workouts a day are you doing?

You say you are tired, are you eating sufficient to cover two workouts a day?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    You don't need to work out to lose weight. You just need to eat less. Based on the limited information you provided I would not work out so much but focus on having enough energy to feel well. Also to eat enough and keep a small deficit for a while. Your kid needs you, thus try not to get burned out.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose? What is your calorie allotment? Are you eating back exercise calories? Stats? If you are under fueling then yes, a sign will be tiredness. There are others--all unpleasant. Sometimes people are in a rush to lose and get in shape. Taking it slower can be healthier.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Why not try one workout a day? Can you go for a walk with your daughter and count that toward tour workout as well?
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Working out is nice but losing weight is about burning more calories than you eat, and that can be achieved with no exercise at all (obviously there's other benefits to working out but - still). If time is tight why not try and drop it to one workout a day or work out every other day and/or then play with your calories until you find a good balance?
    I don't have kids myself but running after a toddler on top of just life in general sounds pretty demanding to begin with. Also, maybe some low impact/low noise at home workouts after the kid has gone to bed would work? I've been doing low impact/pilates stuff I find on youtube if I know other people in the house are asleep or shouldn't be disturbed
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Maybe set it as a goal to just get in 1 a day to start. Get her to do the movements (modified for age appropriate) with you. It will get her started on the right path leading by example and keep her busy so you can get your work done.

Also, make sure you are getting plenty of sleep. As a fellow mom, I do understand the constant state of tired, but getting in a good exercise and consistent sleep schedule help greatly with that.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Can you walk her to a park, play, run around, walk back? Play with water hose or baby pool in your yard? Does she nap? You could do a short workout during nap time. Involve her in some activities as well. Turn on music and dance, or find YouTube videos or act out audio books. My nephews love songs like baby shark and others that you can act out. We also go in the yard and make up games to play with balls, like t ball or soccer(but just kick or throw and run around). Kids have great imaginations and can make up games to play.