If your scale is acting funny, check it's feet.

Options
My electronic scale has been behaving weirdly. I finally looked it all over carefully. The area around one of its feet is cracked and some is missing. Since it uses all four of it's feet to balance and determine weight, of course it was getting confused!

So, check for broken feet on a misbehaving scale.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had that happen, too. Had to throw it out and get a new one.
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My scale gives me numbers within a range of almost a whole pound depending where I move it in the bathroom 😩
  • Dailly13
    Dailly13 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My scale can change by 2lbs depending on how I stand on it.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dailly13 wrote: »

Same that's why its best to go by waist size and how clothes fit to assist accuracy.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,418 Member
    Options
    Another reason why a scale acts up is if you hold your phone to close to it. Might not be the case with every electric scale, but I certainly observed it with two kitchen scales and a bathroom one. I found that if a phone was too close the scale would not fix on a certain weight. Really odd.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Dailly13 wrote: »

My old scale had the same problem, I was consistently lighter if I stepped on it backwards. I got a new scale and the problem disappeared.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Another reason why a scale acts up is if you hold your phone to close to it. Might not be the case with every electric scale, but I certainly observed it with two kitchen scales and a bathroom one. I found that if a phone was too close the scale would not fix on a certain weight. Really odd.

I have to ask...what IS that in your avatar? I keep thinking it's a nudibranch...and since my AV is green my eyes stop on yours every time.
  • yirara
    Options

I have to ask...what IS that in your avatar? I keep thinking it's a nudibranch...and since my AV is green my eyes stop on yours every time.

It's a sea sheep :D MFP lost my sheep avatar and I couldn't find it back. So I used the next best thing I could find
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

It's a sea sheep :D MFP lost my sheep avatar and I couldn't find it back. So I used the next best thing I could find

Oh! So it is similar to a nudibranch. Excellent.
  • yirara
    Options

Yes! And it's super cute as well Look at those 'ears' <3