Macros! Help!

Ashweee1121
Ashweee1121 Posts: 2 Member
Hey everyone! I was hoping for some advice. I went from 190 pounds down to 125 and hit my goal! Now, I want to start toning and building muscle. The problem I’m having is with my macros. And reaching my calorie target. I was eating around 1500 cals to maintain my weight without working out. I decided to increase my cals to 1700 and my macros as follows: carb 40%, fat 20%, protein 40%. This is all new to me. And I keep going over my fat and way under my protein. And I’m also having a hard time reaching my calorie target. And I’m afraid I’m going to keep losing weight. Also...I’m a vegetarian. Any advice would be sooo appreciated!!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can set your protein around 0.8-1g per lb minimum, fat at 0.4g per lb minimum fill the rest with carbs. Once you reach the minimums you can tailor your numbers to suit your preferences. Right now your protein is 170g which is unnecessarily high and your fat is low so it's no wonder you are having issues hitting that goal.

If you have issues hitting your calories, try adding foods with higher fats or carbs to your meals: oils, nuts, nut butters, granola, full fat dairy, eggs (if you eat those last two), breads, pasta, noodles, rice, also increase portions, add a snack or dessert.

• Ashweee1121
    Ashweee1121 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks so much!! I’m going to adjust this immediately! I really appreciate the response!!