Slim fast?

Options
Kupla71
Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
Has anyone had any luck drinking slim fast shakes to lose weight? I had my first slim fast shake today for dinner. It was pretty tasty blended with 2% milk and ice. I also feel quite satisfied. Just wondering about other peoples experience with it.

Replies

• Kupla71
    Options
    Yeah. I do agree. I guess I’ve been discouraged about my lack of progress and am treating slim fast as something to help me get the ball rollng again. I eat mostly at a calorie deficit but some days have trouble with it and feel like I need something to make it easier.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    syz2zb02bpzw.jpg
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    When slim-fast first came out, it was basically equivalent to chocolate milk and a multi vitamin. Since then, seems like there's more protein which is good. I personally have never found drinks to be satiating no matter what their nutritional content is so I have relied on them as "supplement" only (and handy during times of extreme stress where I tend to seriously under-eat or during a road trip where I just don't want to stop for actual food). As a replacement for a single meal, it's not going to do any harm. Just be a little careful if you are taking vitamin/mineral supplements in addition so that you stay within safe ranges.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Here's what WebMD has to say: :)

https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/slim-fast-diet

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Slim fast has a new diabetic shake that taste good and I purchased a can in vanilla and I'm going to lose weight with it I've lost at least 15 lb in the past incorporating Slim-Fast into my life I also blends a little fruit in it or drink it plain or put non sweetened cocoa powder into the vanilla shake they taste good to me, I added enough calories to it so it's considered a meal if not I'll leave it as is and consider it a snack.

I do shakes cuz it's easy and convenient for me, if this makes you happy is sustainable for you and you can do it ,do it regardless to any naysayers.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses! 😃 I am finding that the shake isn’t filling enough alone so I supplement it with some fruit and a piece of toast and honestly don’t feel as satisfied as I would if I ate a meal with about the same calories. However I really look forward to it because it’s sweet chocolatey and refreshing so I’m enjoying it for the time being. I think it might work as something I can incorporate into a healthy diet so I’ll try it out for a while.

Maybe get a protein powder and make your own. I add glucomannan powder and a bit of almond milk. Then I heat it like hot chocolate. It is very filling, glucomannan is a thickener that is a natural fiber from a root in Japan called Konjac
  • Kupla71
    Options
    I’ve tried protein powder in the past but didn’t like the taste. Are there any you can recommend that are tasty?
  • Kupla71
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll look into them. Also good point about keeping things interesting.