Baked goods

Is it OK to sometimes eat baked goods if I don't eat burgers at all?

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    standout00 wrote: »
    Is it OK to sometimes eat baked goods if I don't eat burgers at all?

Sure, if you can fit it into your calorie deficit. For some having things like baked goods sometimes prevents them from overeating them as a result of feeling overly restricted.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Why do you think you can't you have burgers (or anything else) while losing weight?

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Why do you think you can't you have burgers (or anything else) while losing weight?

Maybe fitting a burger and a donut would be difficult to manage and stay within calories if it were on the same day. Having a burger one day and a donut on another .... now that is doable. Besides nothing like a homemade burger with a salad on the side.

Not at all difficult for me, not that I actually like donuts though. And of course the size of the burgers and donuts or baked goods (or whatever) makes a big difference to whether it would be difficult for the OP.

But I'd really like an answer from the OP as the question is a very odd one and probably indicative of a much bigger knowledge or mindset issue than simply baked goods or burgers.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    edited June 2020

Maybe fitting a burger and a donut would be difficult to manage and stay within calories if it were on the same day. Having a burger one day and a donut on another .... now that is doable. Besides nothing like a homemade burger with a salad on the side.

Yes, I often have a home made 4 oz burger, large salad, and some tortilla chips this time of year. This fills me up and has the macros I want.
  • standout00
    standout00 Posts: 123 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Maybe just don't have this:

ayna5lsqji7i.jpg

These days I don't even have burgers at all...
  • Lillymoo01

Not at all difficult for me, not that I actually like donuts though. And of course the size of the burgers and donuts or baked goods (or whatever) makes a big difference to whether it would be difficult for the OP.

But I'd really like an answer from the OP as the question is a very odd one and probably indicative of a much bigger knowledge or mindset issue than simply baked goods or burgers.

@sijomial are you subtly bragging about your calorie allowance again?
  • Lillymoo01

ayna5lsqji7i.jpg

That would be perfect if I were losing weight. One look at it and I'd lose my appetite!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

ayna5lsqji7i.jpg

Way to ruin a good burger AND a good donut.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    I didn’t realise that you couldn’t eat baked goods and burgers on the same day. Do I go to diet prison now? But honestly, as long as you’re in your deficit go crazy. Eat what you want. Just be aware of nutrition if you eat them a lot so you stay healthy.