I need advice from women about... woman things....

Options
Ladies.... what do you do when it's your TOM?? All I want to do is binge eat and then cry about it. I'm going crazy and it feels out of control. I've been doing so good and yesterday I just let my diet go to hell. I'm trying to have more self control today, but all I really want to do is eat everything in sight that is bad for me and just say f***-it for the week, but I've been doing so good and it's so hard for me to lose even when I'm being SUPER good on my diet, I don't want to undo all my hard work!! HELP!!! I'm going insane.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Take a midol and get over it.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Im going to be honest here because I am EXACLTY the same. Don't fight with yourself and what you're after. If you tell yourself its okay to have treats you actually wont eat as many than if you say its forbidden. It works, seriously. I eat some more junk, but not near as much as when I try to fight it. Also you do burn 150-300 cals more during your menstrual cycle. So I suppose that helps :)
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sooo right lifeskittles

the more you fight it the more you'll sneak it little by little or just break and binge
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Im going to be honest here because I am EXACLTY the same. Don't fight with yourself and what you're after. If you tell yourself its okay to have treats you actually wont eat as many than if you say its forbidden. It works, seriously. I eat some more junk, but not near as much as when I try to fight it. Also you do burn 150-300 cals more during your menstrual cycle. So I suppose that helps :)

A woman burns 150-300 more during their cycle? :huh: :noway:
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have accepted that some months I'll have 2 days off diet, and get back on healthy eating after. Some times I.'ll stick to diet. For me it's other factors combined with totm that lead me to have time off dieting. Good luck
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the week or so where you just want to inhale everything in sight that's food! My TOM is usually BAD, and I learned that if I snack and have some extra food that I usually don't eat the week before than its ok because I know I'll get back to being consistent with working out and stuff. Take a breather and relax, take some midol, and eat wholesome but yummy foods, like nuts or some frozen yogurt or popcorn. Don't fight it and just go back to being you when it passes. We have to live with this so might as well learn to make the most of it!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    divisive
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    When I still got my period, I'd use a cheat meal system. That was one of my 3 cheat meals a month. That time of the month where i would just need some good ol comfort food. It worked for me :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    go for a good hard long run.
  • shelllord
    shelllord Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to use this as an excuse to eat more as I had cravings, but after a few months of getting out of the habit I have managed to teach myself just because I am on my period does not mean I can eat a massive bar of chocolate. Ben ad Jerry's and biscuits x
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Make some low cal treats and drink water or tea 8oz BEFORE you eat ( helps fill you stomach, reduce hunger. I usually get more hungry a few days to a week before and eat maybe 300 extra cals ( but I exercise them "off") Then I dont eat as much during it, because Im usually in a lot of pain and not very hungry.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yeah - let yourself go a little. I noticed that I let myself eat whatever I wanted for 3-5 days out of the month (because I was miserable enough without telling myself no to chocolate), and it turned out ok. Just don't let it become a habit, or more than the days you need it!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Take a midol and get over it.

I am so glad we're friends. :flowerforyou:
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't do crap all week. I stay home and nest. And eat air-popped popcorn.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Ladies.... what do you do when it's your TOM?? All I want to do is binge eat and then cry about it. I'm going crazy and it feels out of control. I've been doing so good and yesterday I just let my diet go to hell. I'm trying to have more self control today, but all I really want to do is eat everything in sight that is bad for me and just say f***-it for the week, but I've been doing so good and it's so hard for me to lose even when I'm being SUPER good on my diet, I don't want to undo all my hard work!! HELP!!! I'm going insane.

:noway: :laugh: I thought women's cycles 'syncing' was a myth!...We must all be syncing up though cause this is the 3rd period post this afternoon alone :laugh: :laugh:

Give in a little. That's what I do. If it's just a day or 2, no biggie :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you feel up to it, go work out and get yourself some extra calories. If not, dedicate some of your calories available to foods that you crave that will help you feel better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Frankly it's been so much better for me since I lost weight. Now it doesn't even bother me anymore.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Set aside a couple treats for yourself during that time. It will help you to not binge, especially if you plan them out and plan them into your calories for the day beforehand. For example during that week, for myself, I let myself have one trip to dairy queen and I usually plan ahead that day so I can eat a smaller dinner or lunch. Don't deprive yourself. but use the will power and motivation to stay healthy and NOT let yourself binge.
    Also remember lots of water :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I don't do crap all week. I stay home and nest. And eat air-popped popcorn.

oh yess!...nesting. This makes me feel better too :wink:
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    go for a good hard long run.

QFT. I literally just did this and it worked. But if you want chocolate have some, not a big deal.