Need female friends with similar goals - lose 10-15 pounds

Options
Hi all,

I'm turning 30 this year, and I'm trying to make my weight loss a priority for a while. I eat "okay" and exercise "some," but I really want to kick it up a notch to lose 10 or 15 pounds - just to prove to myself that I can. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE good food, and I also love a good beer (or three) - so though it's "ONLY" 10 pounds, it's going to take some serious motivation to break out of my comfort zone! I would love to have a few friends with the same kinds of goals -- Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I you can add me as a friend if you like. already passed 30 and have had :flowerforyou: 3 babies, hitting 50 in March, so I've learned a few things along the way , you might want to have your diary public so we can see what you need to change or add.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am 9lbs away from my goal and I love a good craft beer!! I am also kicking it up a notch as I will be thirty-GREAT (38) in october and want to meet my goal by then
  • kath8630
    Options
    Thanks for the idea to make my diary viewable by friends! This is my first week really using this app. Thanks again!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request. I'm 27 and I'd like to lose about another 10-12 pounds so I have a little up and down room without getting upset. This last ten is proving to be pretty challenging and I'm having to be stricter than I was before. Learning the scale isn't always the answer. I'm seeing improvements in this last ten, but the scale moves slowly. Don't get frustrated, take measurements. I also love a beer or three. Been doing vodka soda and lime lately. More 'bang' for your buck. lol. Best of luck to you! :drinker:

Anyone else can feel free to add me if you're not easily offended. I have an open diary and am on everyday mon - friday and most weekends.
  • kath8630
    Options
    I'll send you a request. I'm 27 and I'd like to lose about another 10-12 pounds so I have a little up and down room without getting upset. This last ten is proving to be pretty challenging and I'm having to be stricter than I was before. Learning the scale isn't always the answer. I'm seeing improvements in this last ten, but the scale moves slowly. Don't get frustrated, take measurements. I also love a beer or three. Been doing vodka soda and lime lately. More 'bang' for your buck. lol. Best of luck to you! :drinker:

Anyone else can feel free to add me if you're not easily offended. I have an open diary and am on everyday mon - friday and most weekends.

Thanks for the kind words! I've switched to wine for the past couple days, but even that can throw off my day's calorie count. I like the vodka lime idea! I may give that a try tonight :)
  • anotherwarriorgirl
    anotherwarriorgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you! I just started getting serious on MFP and want some friends to share in the process.

I am 24 years old and wanting to lose 20-25 lbs (you can read more in my first blog post!), but my biggest vice is going out and overimbibing, as well as eating too many sweets that people bring into work! I've always been in a healthy range (still am), but recently calculated my BMI and determined I'm a tenth away from being in the overweight range. I need a lot of motivation to get to where I want to be because it is easy for me to be complacent.

Thanks for introducing yourself. Anyone else with similar goals, ages, weight ranges or what have you, feel free to add me also!
  • amandagiles425
    amandagiles425 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 27 turning 28 soon and i love me some Bud Light! :) I do great on the weeks, but gain it all back on the weekends!! I still wanna loose about 10 more pounds just to say I can too!! Good luck lady!!
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    ADD ME!! I am 22yrs old. I have about... 20-25lbs, but a midway goal of 15lbs... I have 2 children... love sweets..... need to lose it for good though...
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37 year old (will be 38 in October) mother of two young girls. I love food and a some adult beverages. I am hoping to get some ideas for more nutritious meals and to meet new people along the way. Feel free to add me!
  • 5tephoscope
    5tephoscope Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I lost 25lb last year with dedicated MFP and working out, then I moved to Chicago in Oct '12 and gained almost 10 back! :(
    I want to get rid of that 10lb again. Honestly I don't mind if the number on the scale stays the same as long as my body changes. My "weight" goal is to feel confident jogging outside in a sports bra and shorts. I'll be 30 in January and I want to look HOT. Hahaha. So I'm back on MFP and hoping I can stick to it. I think it would really help to have a buddy to keep my accountable.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!!! Need to loose 15 pounds.
  • skbo76
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP 10 minutes ago. I'm 30 and need to lose 10 pounds. (15 would be my dream!) I struggle with using food as a crutch and want to break my emotional eating habits badly. I do love food and love to bake and cook but also want to learn to not use food as a coping mechanism! Would love to have support!

Since I just joined I'm not sure how to add friends... how do?!
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm about 13 pounds from my 1st goal! So im there with yeah! I'm right there with you on the emotional eating so we can help each other!!!!!
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi
    You can add me too. I'm 31 and back on MFP recently. I want to lose 9kg (around 20lbs) just to get rid of the wobbly bits. We can motivate each other on our progress.

Good luck !!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am about 10-15 lbs away from my goal... always welcome new friends! I am 37, turning 38 in Feb. Married with a bunch of kids. Feel free to send a friend request!
  • naanpocen
    naanpocen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and aiming to lose 20lbs, you can add me if you want :-)
  • Dolphinaj25
    Options
    I am also turning 30 this year! My birthday is in about two and a half months. I would love to lose another 10-15 lbs before my bday as well. My current weight is 173 lbs and my goal weight is around 160 (I'm 5'11). Feel free to add me.
  • KAH247
    KAH247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I too have just turned 30 and out of no where seem to have put on the pounds which I'm not happy about AT ALL. Would love to lose 15 pounds and i'm on 1200 cal a day. So far I'm day two and doing alright. I did eat out last night so tonight will be cooking the first meal. I'd love to share food and exercise tips with one another, so please add me!

Thanks and happy healthy eating!

Katie
  • brobic8
    brobic8 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 29 and looking to lose around 10-20 lbs! I've always exercised 3-4 times a week but I've never really cracked down on my eating habits. I'm new to myfitnesspal so I'm hoping that this helps out! Feel free to add me. :)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can add me.. I'll be 29 in March and I'm looking to lose 10-15lbs (if not more) by that time... I love good food and I eat alot when I get stressed out (which I'm working getting out of the habit of doing) We can help each out out.. I'm willing to help anybody out

2144991.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter