Back for the Umpteenth Time

Options
Ann262
Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
Now, I recently turned 60 and 30 pounds overweight. I am determined to get into the best shape I can by 61!!

Day 1

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal! And for many of us this 'aint our first rodeo' so you will find lots of people on a similar wavelength.
  • Ann262
    Options
    Thanks -xiaolongbai!
  • Ann262
    Options
    It was a good day 1! I got in a 2 mile hike and logged all my food. Winning!
  • Ann262
    Options
    lylbeokfeqft.jpeg
  • mnmprom
    mnmprom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, Feel free to add me.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Ann262 wrote: »
    lylbeokfeqft.jpeg

Who's your gorgeous friend? :)

Welcome back, and good luck making this your last rodeo.

I think it's important to reflect on why it didn't work out last time (even if you don't tell anyone, be completely honest with yourself) and to find your motivation this time. Once you nail those two things, there is no reason why you can't be successful.

Wishing you all the best for your weight loss journey. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,056 Member
    Options
    Hi all! You can do this!

If any of you would like to try the team approach to getting through this crazy time with a wonderful group of people, take a look at the Fat2Fit Challenge. This group has been running for many years, and the community spirit on the teams is both supportive and effective. There is accountability (weekly weigh-ins, team chats, getting in there to share and help your team), all kinds of fun challenges, and general helpful friendship. There is space on a couple of the teams for some new members, so come check it out!

General info page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Registration for July:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest

Give it a try if you want some real encouragement and success! The pandemic is a challenge, and we are all in there working through this together.
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann! I’m returning with a vengeance! I’m 56 and have about 25 pounds I’d like to lose. Would it be ok if I friended you? I’m trying to build a wider circle of support!
    Melanie