posting picture in feed

quiltlady77
quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
I have an Ipad with which take pictures. Only about 10% of the time am I able to post a picture in the news feed like others do. The photos in my ipad do not all show up to choose from. Most of them are really old photos with a couple of exceptions. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this that works consistently? One time that it worked, I had just logged my weight but that doesn't seem to work now.

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Assuming you're using the iOS app, you may only be able to post a pic that they call a Progress Photo.

You can always use the web version in safari on your iPad and then you can post whatever pics you want in your feed.
  • quiltlady77
    Yes I use the IOS app on my ipad, sure wish I could do it on my computer but I guess that's not possible I was told. I have been able on occasion to post a picture in the feed, can't figure out why it won't work every time and yes it was called a progress photo. Not sure what you mean by using the web version in safari, of "My Fitness Pal" Thanks for responding.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Yes I use the IOS app on my ipad, sure wish I could do it on my computer but I guess that's not possible I was told. I have been able on occasion to post a picture in the feed, can't figure out why it won't work every time and yes it was called a progress photo. Not sure what you mean by using the web version in safari, of "My Fitness Pal" Thanks for responding.

Meaning that instead of using the app version of MFP, you can just open a web browser like you would do on a desktop computer and go to myfitnesspal.com

The app has apparently been having a lot of issues lately
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member

You can absolutely do it on the computer. Go to www.myfitnesspal.com and login with your account details. You'll have full access to the entire site, including your feed, community and all....
  • quiltlady77
    cdubks88,Yes already do most of my food logging etc on the comuter using MFP, of course today I can not get on at all, so frustrating! I believe I did get on, using the ipad but I hate adding food and exercise there. But I have never been able to add a photo on the feed from the computer. As I said I can occasionally do it on the ipad but it's rare.
  • quiltlady77
    Go_Deskercise
    As noted in my response to cdubks88, I do use MFP on my computer but I have never been able to post a picture in the feed on it. No problem with putting in a "profile" picture. Yes MFP has a lot of problems. Today I can get on the food and exercise pages but not on the home page where the feed is and my friends and what they have done today. It started this morning and thought it would be better by tonight but it's the same way.
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    So what are the steps for posting pics in your newsfeed?