Weight hasn’t budged for 2 months

Options
I’m so frustrated. Back in April I began with noom (which I had success with 2 years before) and in the first two weeks I lost about 7 lbs. I know that that isn’t the norm, just how it goes when you go from a very high caloric intake to low. In those weeks I was doing about 1500/cal and following their low calorie density diet. For the following 6 weeks, I heavily increased my exercise, my water intake, lowered my sodium, and lowered my calories down to 1300 in hopes that the scale would continue to move. No dice. I then decided to try out low carb in hopes that it would help, I have mild PCOS and my body hates sugar and carbs so it made sense. For the last two weeks I’ve been 25% carb, 35% protein, 40% fat and I’ve been trying to limit myself to healthy foods (less meats and cheese, more lean protein and veg). I’m on 1300 calories and it’s a struggle to even get that many calories in a day. My eyes look sunken in and I feel very low energy but that’s finally starting to improve.

During both of these periods, I had one dip below 220. The first time in a span of 3 days because I was hardly eating during an extremely stressful time and my weight dipped to 218, but weren’t right back up when I increased again to 1300.

The second time was last week on low carb, it went down to 219. I was so excited, but again it didn’t stick. Back up to 222 ( started at 229). My body doesn’t want to give up this weight and I’m so, so frustrated. The last two weeks I haven’t gotten much exercise ( mountain biking over the weekend, that’s it) because of the low energy. I’m hoping that adding my daily exercise back in will help, but I can’t wrap my head around the fact that eating only 1300 cals and low carb healthy food only is this hard to lose. Note: I drink 64oz-96oz water a day and stay in my sodium limits most days. Any advice for me?

Replies

• RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    I appreciate that graph, but my TDEE at sedentary is 2110. I understand that PCOS makes it hard to lose weight but previously when I’ve talked to my doctor about it, low carb was what they suggested. Which makes sense because PCOS works by overproduction of insulin; your body hoards carbs as fat because the insulin receptors detect extra insulin, usually a sign of not having enough fat in your body. Low carb would make sense as you limit the amount of carbs that can turn to fat.

All that said, 1300 calories not counting when I am exercising is a pretty big deficit. I don’t even care if it’s a half lb every week, I just can’t even get that :-(( maybe it’s time to ask for medication?
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sorry your weight loss has stalled. As for your low energy, have you had a blood test to check your iron and vitamin D? It's good to exclude anemia and vit D deficiency. Are you weighing all your food in grams? Because you could be underestimating your portions if you don't. If you like, send me a FR - my diary is open to friends.
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    @Mithridites thank you! My diary is public if anyone wants to see, it isn’t very long since I switched over from noom, but y’all are welcome to give criticism on it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I do weigh my food on a scale or measuring cups, never just guessing
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @Mithridites thank you! My diary is public if anyone wants to see, it isn’t very long since I switched over from noom, but y’all are welcome to give criticism on it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I do weigh my food on a scale or measuring cups, never just guessing

are you blending the frozen strawberries with the premier protein?

• RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I’m not sure I understand...1500 (now 1300) isn’t maintenance calories for me. I measure everything, log everything. Not sneaking any food, I have no interest in sabotaging myself. I’m very aware of how to portion food with scales and measurements, spent a lot of my life working in restaurants. I’ll just check in with my gp, because if this is “maintenance” I suppose I’m screwed 😂
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    @SeanD2407 I am blending them, yes. I use the Tetra Pak liquid protein drink and measure the strawberries out
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    @Mithridites Ill try to just stick to the scale, see if it helps. I do eat pb with apples all the time, measuring with a leveled tbsp
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    @quicksylver0922 I generally use measuring cups and measuring spoons for anything with a recipe. Leveled measuring spoons for fats, liquids, etc. using the scale for meats, fruit and veg, and generally not touching grains right now but would use four that as well.
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    So, for science, I just checked the way I measure PB. Here are the results:
  • RidingTowardEverywhere
    Options
    Am I doing something wrong? It looks accurate to what I have recorded in my diary.