Info on Japan you need to know!

Options
I posted this in food and nutrition because it directly affects the food we get from the pacific ocean and animals on the west coast!

Read the article and then you can say that either you did already know about this or you are now unhappily more informed!

I just want you to know what is going on out there!

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/11-facts-about-the-ongoing-fukushima-nuclear-holocaust-that-are-almost-too-horrifying-to-believe

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Oh, so it's a 'holocaust' now is it? Transuranics in conventional reactors usually have short half-lives.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The French set off nuclear bombs in the pacific, so I'm pretty sure the pacific is screwed anyway.

Also holocaust? No, just no.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Yeah.....hows Austrailia? (Our bad) and Nevada?

Having made light of this I will end on the fact I know farmers who still cant sell lambs raised on their land since the Chernobyl incident carried fallout over the UK.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Nice. I had calmed my nerves in preparation for our trip to Japan this Spring... until this thread.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the Japanese have little energy options beyond nuclear. And with the threat of another major quake there in the next 30 years, odds are it will happen again.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Went to Tokyo 2 weeks ago and ate a lot of sashimi.. oops.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    http://www.weather.com/news/science/environment/fukushima-radioactive-leak-20130821

Found another article today while checking on the weather! Interesting where the news pops up!
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    "#6 Something is causing fish along the west coast of Canada to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs. Could Fukushima be responsible?"

I thought these were listed as 'facts'.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    "#6 Something is causing fish along the west coast of Canada to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs. Could Fukushima be responsible?"

I thought these were listed as 'facts'.

Thank you for pointing that out...thought I was the only one that noticed.