My first true NSV

Options
beejpowers
beejpowers Posts: 13 Member
I have had plenty of small milestones since I started losing weight (old clothes fit again, not sick as often, etc).
But for the first time something happened that well… I needed to change a lightbulb in the ceiling. So I grabbed a new bulb and stood up on the coffee table and changed it.

But I didn't even think about it. I didn't gauge the load capacity or material construction of the table. I didn't go get the heavy duty step stool. I just used what was there that any other person might use to climb up and it didn't crush, break or even creak. I felt oddly normal. And that felt great.

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    what an incredible feeling!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That must have been such a great feeling! Congrats!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    woohoo thats a great one!! Those unexpected ones to me are even better then clothing fitter better etc because you know that eventually those things will happen. But being able to stand on a table without a second thought & not have it break is def a nice surprise & something that def doesn't come up in the things you look forward too!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    For the past....forever....I have hated plastic molded outdoor chairs. Couldn't even sit in one without the fear it would break and send me down in a very emberassing style. I recently stood on one to hang paper streamers for a birthday party. Yay, NSV!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling - congrats!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats~ A very functional NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!