Nibbling on random foods...😕

Anybody else do this? For example a typical day for me is 3 meals 2 snacks between meals. Usually hit my goals everyday, sometimes I have a huge deficit but sometimes I find myself nibbling random foods and at the end of the day I am over in my calories. I'll walk my and see my wife eating blueberries and I'll take a handful, my 12 year old munching on pistachios I'll take some, even my toddler when he's snacking on yogurt melties I take some from him. Who else does this? Gotta do something to fix it.

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I definitely do this too. It helps to commit to logging it every time it happens - makes you think twice, and consider what the impact will be. If I have the calories to spare though, I'll definitely steal a couple m&ms whenever my kids aren't looking....
  • jessicadloza
    jessicadloza Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2020
    2 tips:
    1. I input all my meals and snacks right away in the morning. Occasionally it adjusts, but that really helps.
    2. I put a note up on the pantry cupboard and one on my bathroom mirror so that serves as a reminder for me to not eat what I haven't planned. (Mine has my goal weight for the week, but you could write anything on there.)
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Self control needs to be practiced. Have designated snacks. If you feel the desire go and get those instead.