Is this common

Hello so I started my journey June 12 2020. It seems like I walk drunk a lot of water reduce my intake of sodas ( I have had 7 sodas In 20days. Normally I have at least 3 aday.) this morning I went to weigh my self. And I’m still the same weight. I’m almost disappointed and I don’t know what to do! HELP ME PLEASE

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Can you please make your food diary public?
    On your last post you said you just add your food. Does that mean using a food scale and the recipe builder, or just selecting from the database, and going off labels?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Cutting soda is great for your health, even if it didn't directly help with weight loss. Your teeth will thank you, at least.

You also say "it seems like" you walk, which sounds like you aren't logging your foods, drinks and exercise. If you did, you didn't have to guess. That would be the next step.

Congrats on reducing your soda intake!
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    It is very common. The human body fights weight reduction tooth and nail.

Some suggestions:
    • Be precise in your food tracking - use a kitchen scale and weigh everything. Seriously!
    • USE your MFP, or other, tracking software to see what's good and what's bad about your diet - and act upon that information.
    • Eliminate ALL sodas. They are, basically, nothing more than sugar in liquid form.
    EAT LESS
    EAT BETTER
    MOVE MORE
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    If you are attempting to lose weight without measuring your intake (a totally valid method) I recommend you weigh yourself relatively frequently. The reason is you may be underestimating your intake. This is exceptionally common here. How often? Daily if possible, or every second day if that's too frequent. If you weigh yourself weekly or monthly you might find that your weight loss is quite slow.