Extrovert and Covid-19 weight loss struggles

πŸ˜” So I'm gaining. I took a break from my 2020 new year resolution weight loss journey because of the pandemic. Staying home all day and working from home is just not ideal for an outgoing, very social extrovert. During pre-Covid-19, I would just get up and go and stayed active doing so. The constant movements helped with my weight loss. Well I took some recent pictures and I did not like what I saw. I spent 2017 and 2018 losing weight and now I've gained almost 75% back. I want that healthy skinny look back! Anyway, I'm adjusting to the new normal and kicking off my weight loss journey. Doing what worked before, determination, perseverance, consistency, keeping track of my food intake religiously, no cheating, monthly photos progress, weekly weight check logged on excel file etc. This MFP community was helpful the first time around, so I'm looking forward to staying connected again the second time and no excuses allowed. Vent over. Wishing success to all 😊

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Congratulations on realising you can make an adjustment. Even in lockdown you can get up and go out, even if you can't be as sociable. Good luck. And don't get disheartened if one week your weigh-in shows no movement or a movement upwards - as you may recall, weight loss isn't linear and scales will fluctuate for multiple reasons. By keeping a spreadsheet you should be able to see an overall trend that shows that you're losing over a month / longer period of time.