How to track body weight workout sessions?

Options
My workout is,

2 sets of

5 chair dips
5 tuck planche raises
8 slow push ups
3 slow chair dips
8 slow tricep dips
8 assisted pull ups
8 inverted rows
8 reverse flies using blanket
8 box jumps
8*2 pistol squat
8*2 step ups to single leg deadlift
8*2 cossack to curtsy squat

It takes around 1 hour 30 min + but I take a lot of rest between the exercises and do it very slowly.

And 2 days a week I am practicing skill work which takes about an hour.

TLDR : Should I log my workout as calisthenics slow pace? But I take a lot of rest. 2-3 min, sometimes 5 minutes of rest between each exercises.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I'd log it as strength training (in CV part of the diary) rather than calisthenics as the strength training estimate assumes significant rest periods between exercises and you are doing bodyweight strength exercises.

My gut feeling is that the calisthenics database entity is a pretty high METS value that would require constant, big, vigorous movement to attain the suggested rate of burn.

dbo6b1kxyoda.png

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I usually log those kind of things as calisthenics, and give it around 100 calories. Being not very fall, female, not heavy and of a certain age 100 calories extra is quite a lot.
    Btw, why are you doing all those different dips? Wouldn't it be better to focus on one type and progress from there instead of wrecking your triceps with all of them?
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I'd log it as strength training (in CV part of the diary) rather than calisthenics as the strength training estimate assumes significant rest periods between exercises and you are doing bodyweight strength exercises.

My gut feeling is that the calisthenics database entity is a pretty high METS value that would require constant, big, vigorous movement to attain the suggested rate of burn.

dbo6b1kxyoda.png

Thank You :)