Chair/no leg workout recommendations?

I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg. Ouch. Because I have a history of being an idiot, pushing through pain and generally making things worse I’ve really committed to not walking or running on it until it is totally healed.

So I'm looking for some sort of workout I can do at home (we’re in strict lockdown). I can stand with no problem but not put any weight on the ball of one foot. Our floors are wooden and VERY slippery so it needs to be something that works with that (eg I can’t plank on our floor - because I can’t keep my feet from moving).

I’m googling of course but thought I’d ask in case any one had a suggestion. I don’t have resistance bands or weights but I have things like cans of tomatoes I can use as light weights.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    For planks, try them with your soles against a wall. Or use a yoga mat or rug.

Slippery floors are great for doing mountain climbers with paper plates! Check youtube for other paper plate exercises.

You should be able to do squats by raising the ball of your feet onto books, so the weight is your on your heel. You can hold a bag of soup cans near your chest, like a goblet squat. Also do pushups or incline pushups, single-arm rows, and shoulder presses, using the bag of cans.
    Let us know how it goes..
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    google pilates mat workouts. It should be easy to find workouts almost exlusively on the floor with no need to add weight on your foot.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Caroline Jordan on YouTube
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    I fractured my foot in April and focused on upper body workouts that I could do while seated. I also did lower body pilates movements that had me on the ground so I didn't bear weight on my foot, I got some booty bands to provide some resistance with these moves.