So calories

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    msapplek wrote: »
    To be honest, more info has led to more anxiety that I'm going to screw it up.

It's actually easy to both succeed and "screw it up" but neither is permanent. All you need do is eat few calories than you expend over the long terms and you will lose weight over the long term. To gain weight, just reverse that and eat more than you expend. For maintenance, eat an amount that maintains your weight.

So don't worry about "screw[ing] it up." You really can't in any major way. Just determine your calories and adjust as necessary to meet them.

As to diet information overload, just say this to yourself, "No one diet, way of eating, timing or size of meals, or anything other than a calorie deficit has correlated with weight loss in the long run." Do what works for you.
  • tryingtobehealthy37
    tryingtobehealthy37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks so much for all your replies. Sorry I haven’t been back on before now I have two children, one with severe autism non verbal in nappies etc. So don’t always get a lot of time to catch up.
    So am 34 years old so sorry I forgot to put that in.
    So I’ve worked out over a few sites and this and set my calorie goal at 1,450. I don’t eat all of these every day but it is definitely giving me a security net for the days I need them.
    Some days I only get a hours sleep 💤 so may need a piece of fruit or something through the night to keep me going as when I say no sleep I mean up and as active as we would be during the day.
    I am on weight loss shakes morning and lunch at the minute as I’m a total novice at calorie counting so this takes some of the work out.
    Got to admit I’m struggling with working out home cooked meals.
    I’m sure I’ll get there eventually but never struggled with my weight before so this is really all new to me.
    Thanks again
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’d like to loose 1-2lb a week.
    Thankyou for your help guys.

Did you set MFP for 1 pound weight loss per week, or 2? Put in 1 and see if that gives you a # that is more realistic. The goal is to do this for an extended period of time, so you want it to be something you can work with for months, not just days.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    f0zykgrqio72.png