No one asked for my story, but I want to type it out anyway...

Options
AvaEBerry
AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
Hello all,
I had my daughter in 2016, when I was already overweight, but managed to finally get serious and had lost 26lbs before finding out I was pregnant with my son in 2018. I lost the pregnancy weight while I was breastfeeding, but quickly gained it back and then some. I'm a SAHM and it was overwhelming to have two young children to care for 24-7 (my husband is a restaurant manager and works long hours) and I began stress eating. A lot. The turning point for me was a recent diagnosis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, diabetes, and a whole host of other health problems. I attempted to go down the bariatric weight loss road, but my insurance considers it elective, so here I am. I started this journey last month, standing 5'8" tall, and weighing 330lbs. I'm now down to 321lbs with a long way to go to my goal of 180lbs. I know no one asked for my back story, but I was about to eat a brownie when I realized I could use some support from others. In other words, feel free to add me. I garden, I cook, I have young kids who eat fruits and vegetables. I can be an asset to your own support groups, I promise. So let's help each other out. 😊

Replies

• jaystedge
    jaystedge Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello, how are you. I weighted 201 lbs on 06/19 and today i weigh, 191. I am working towards 150 lbs. I would like to have you add me and we can help each other
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    9 lbs in a month is great! You're already off to a fantastic start. And you've already done the hardest part and that's starting.
    At my heaviest I was 350 lbs and pre diabetic, high blood pressure, my back was completely messed up (had back surgery last year right after I turned 28) along with a few other health issues. I'm at 213 lbs now and aiming to lose another 28 or so
    The journey although long and has its ups and downs is definitely worth it, you're worth it!
    You got this!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    AvaEBerry wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I had my daughter in 2016, when I was already overweight, but managed to finally get serious and had lost 26lbs before finding out I was pregnant with my son in 2018. I lost the pregnancy weight while I was breastfeeding, but quickly gained it back and then some. I'm a SAHM and it was overwhelming to have two young children to care for 24-7 (my husband is a restaurant manager and works long hours) and I began stress eating. A lot. The turning point for me was a recent diagnosis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, diabetes, and a whole host of other health problems. I attempted to go down the bariatric weight loss road, but my insurance considers it elective, so here I am. I started this journey last month, standing 5'8" tall, and weighing 330lbs. I'm now down to 321lbs with a long way to go to my goal of 180lbs. I know no one asked for my back story, but I was about to eat a brownie when I realized I could use some support from others. In other words, feel free to add me. I garden, I cook, I have young kids who eat fruits and vegetables. I can be an asset to your own support groups, I promise. So let's help each other out. 😊

I am 5’ 9” tall and my starting weight was 350.0.... in 405 days I have lost 86 lbs....you are much younger than me and probably a lot more active...if I can do this, you can do it, too.....there is a group on MFP for those of us that need to lose 75+ pounds....it is a very motivated and helpful group of people....feel free to join us!