I lost 7lb in the car!

Hi all, hope you're all keeping safe & well. So I weighed myself yesterday in Boots (The chemist. Uk) & I was 7st 1 lbs.. (which is roughly what I've been for a long time, I'm only 5ft 1.) When I got home I dug out the bathroom scales to compare.. 7st 8lbs!! I thought Ok the floor must be wonky, so I took them downstairs into the kitchen.. 3st 12lbs 😂👀 Right. so how do I get an accurate reading in my (obv very wonky) house? Or do I now need to invest in better scales..? Thanks.

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I weigh myself 4x, once in each direction then take the average. Haha. I dunno if it’s effective since each way I stand I get a different reading. 🧐😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I just want to know what kind of car you have? I need to now lose between 15-20 lbs(again :() and figure if I camp out in your car for a week or 2 maybe I can do it. :)

I agree with AnnPT77, our weight is constantly changing and with that much difference, it could be the 2 different scales or your batteries.
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    I test mine with a dumbbell and sometimes with my puppy. I have compared his weight on my scale vs vet's puppy scale, and they were the same! And my 5lb dumbbell indeed weighs 5lb😁

This reminds me my cat had FIP and I had to weigh him every week for medication and fluid therapy. In vet's and in the house. That is when after many many years I realized I have gained weight and now I miss my cat :(
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    I'll be honest with you, I don't trust the boots scales in the UK at all and would not use them. I think the best thing to do is use the same scales at all times and use it in the same place, that way you will get an accurate reading of weight loss.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I use the same scale in the same spot in my bathroom with a weight trending app. Since I always weigh first thing in the AM after emptying the bladder, my weight never agrees at the doctor or anything - because I've introduced variables for the day (food consumed, clothing, waste removed).

I keep an eye on the scale by weighing the kids frequently, if one loses significant weight (unlikely, they are growing) or has an unexpected growth spurt (not supported by too short or too tight clothes) I'll investigate. It usually means the kids have lost a small flat toy under the scale! Their weight is less likely to fluctuate largely and follows an expected growth pattern. Mine can fluctuate greatly compared to theirs. Their AM/PM swing is less than a pound, mine can be up to 3lbs, you know?