1st big party since beginning calorie counting again

Been at this a month or so. Have lost 13 lbs or so, so far. My environment is pretty controlled so not much temptation however went with my gf to family 4th of July stuff and was SURROUNDED by goodies. Everybody knows what I'm doing and was very supportive but there was still food everywhere.

I did GOOD, not great, not perfect but I did good. Still hit my daily calorie goal (eating back some exercise cals).

I feel good about myself and my first severely tempting situation.

wl8tula4zd62.jpeg

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Good for you.Any tempting situation is hard,but especially the first.

But why are you only eating 'some' of your exercise calories? Are you eating a percentage because you think MFP over-estimates or are you generally not eating them at all? MFP is designed such that you're supposed to eat them.

Losing 13lb in a month (even if your 'or so' means 5 weeks) is very aggressive given that the max recommended loss per week is 2lb.

If you want to sustain weight loss, long term, eat more and fuel your workouts / exercise.
  • Hagensieker
    Hagensieker Posts: 25 Member
    I eat into some of my exercise calories. I'm supposed to get 1970 per day (without exercise) and I generally eat 2400 or so. I work out every day. Most days are 30 minute runs or 1 1/2 hour bike rides. I walk the dog a couple of miles a day as well. I feel like 2400 calories or so is plenty based on what I'm doing.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    If you want to sustain weight loss, long term, eat more and fuel your workouts / exercise.

Sustaining weight loss happens when you don’t eat more calories than your body burns. Lost 140 pounds in 11 months in 2012. I’m healthier in my late 60’s than I’ve been since I was in my 30’s. Sustainability has very little to do with how the weight is lost, rather how you manage maintenance when you reach goal weight.

Statistics say over 80% of people gain back the weight within 5 years, no, no. Matter what program you follow to lose weight. Pretty staggering statistics.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited July 2020
    Congrats! Sharing your goals w/ friends & family (assuming they are supportive!) helps but it ultimately comes down to you. Sounds like you handled this well. :)

I won't assume to know your body better than you do yourself. :)They say 2 pounds per week or 1% of your body weight is 'healthy' weight loss. And if you're able to eat 2000-2400 cals per day and lose weight while still feeling energetic/satisfied: keep doing it as long as it works for you.