I’m new!!!

I am new to MyFitnessPal. So far I’m liking it!! What foods and workouts have helped you loose weight?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    The most important thing is to figure out how many calories you should be eating. Weight loss is fundamentally a function of eating fewer calories than you expend. You may do exercises but consider these to be more for health than for weight loss.

No particular food or pattern of eating is better for weight loss. Some foods are better at satisfying your appetite than others but this varies a great deal among individuals. Some do keto, some do intermittent fasting, etc.,but none of these is universally effective.

What you will find here is a large community of folks who will offer you advice of what works for them. For me, it's avoiding too many carbohydrates at supper to keep me from wanting too many evening snacks. Other folks have a sweet and/or starchy dessert every night because it works for them.
  • Gdawg2010
    Gdawg2010 Posts: 6 Member
    You are so right. Thank you for the insight!! I’m thinking of just watching my portions. But carbohydrates are a big problem for me as well but I’m trying to stay away from that.