100 calories of Oreos versus 100 calories of guacamole

Options
I've spent too much time online reading about food so I need a snack or I'll go crazy. There's a 100 calorie pack of Oreos (2 cookies) in our snack basket. There are 100 calorie single servings of guacamole in the fridge. I considered the Oreos. I even took them back to the living room. Then I thought, will they satisfy my hunger or will they just make me want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. Oh, okay. I chose the guac.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Ya, I could eat 500 calories worth of Oreos and not feel satisfied.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I don't like oreos that much so would pick the guac, but it wouldn't be 100 cal as I'd have to eat it on something. Could be something low cal like carrots, but still I'd factor that in.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,221 Member
    Options
    I'm with lemur, guac > oreos, in all ways.

I admit, I'm not an oreo fan (brown fiberboard disks filled with denatured dollar store toothpaste!), but even so I think the thought process you're hinting at is a powerful lever: There are amazingly delicious things that are satiating and pretty packed with nutrition. They start out tasting (IMO) really good, but after multiple trips driving down that road of choosing them because they're yum and filling and nutritious, and then really feeling that afterward . . . those foods tend to move up the cravings ladder, psychologically. For me.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oreos are too sweet by far.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Love Oreos. I'll have to check out the 100 calorie pack.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,416 Member
    Options
    I'd chose neither to be honest. Not a big fan of guacamole, but if I have it it needs to be with something. Oreos are totally boring to me and I never have them in the house.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love Oreos (I know they are a trash treat). They are not allowed in the house...I would eat all. I find that guac and carrots or tzatziki and carrots usually will satisfy most cravings. For the insatiable sweet cravings, I have some peppermint Lifesavers. That will usually take the edge off.