Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When did people start noticing your weight loss?

creesamacreesama Member Posts: 75 Member Member Posts: 75 Member
I started out really big at 274lbs, so I know it'll be awhile before people notice... I've lost 17lbs so far which sounds decent, but hard to see. Just curious when people started to notice for others?

Replies

• threewinsthreewins Member Posts: 548 Member Member Posts: 548 Member
    People commented after 20 kg or about 20% of my total weight.
  • rickifaidleyrickifaidley Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    Maybe about 15-20 pounds lost for me
  • rainbow198rainbow198 Member Posts: 2,263 Member Member Posts: 2,263 Member
    When I was about 30 pounds down. I could no longer hide in my bigger clothes and summer arrived.

My face really shrank and people would ask if I got a haircut or was growing my hair out because I looked different.
  • thelastnightingalethelastnightingale Member, Premium Posts: 330 Member Member, Premium Posts: 330 Member
    I've worked out that I gained half a stone since the last time people actually saw me, so my stone and a half weight loss will really only be a stone to them visually. TBH, I'm quite enjoying the fact that no one can see my weight loss yet - I don't think its actually massively noticeable at what is effectively a stone down. Give me at least another stone and it will be visible, and a small part of me is looking forward to people seeing the before and after, without any of the in-between.

Only a couple of my friends know I'm losing weight as I've not really had much cause to mention it in conversation and I'm not trying to draw attention to it. I'm losing weight for me, for my health, but it's going to be fun to surprise them. A lot of them have never known me at my goal weight, so it will be a double take moment if I manage to get a lot closer to that point before we're reunited in person again. :)
  • reducingrenee622reducingrenee622 Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    Congrats on losing 17 pounds!

It is hard for me to know exactly when people started noticing my difference. This time around I've been extremely vocal with everyone that I am working on losing weight, so I think I had a few people telling me they see a difference before they *actually* saw a difference.

The hardest part for myself is really MYSELF. I personally do not see a single change when I look at myself in the mirror and I am currently down 56.4 pounds. I KNOW there is a difference though (If I do a before/after picture I can see a HUGE difference)

Keep up your good work and don't worry about others think. Even if they (or you) don't see a difference, it doesn't mean there isn't one!!!

[edited by MFP Mods]
    edited July 31