Fit women who are short and stocky? Looking for inspiration.

Options
2»

Replies

• Linzdz
    Linzdz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (on a good day), around 128 lbs, and I lift weights 4 times per week. Sometimes I feel less feminine than I'd like. But, feminine is often thought of as dainty and week, whereas the strongest, most competent and hardest working people I know are women. I love my muscular shoulders and will wear a halter tank that shows them off. I don't like my thick thighs, so I'll pair with an a-line skirt. Few bodies are perfect, but we can dress ourselves to accentuate the positive.
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I was fit I thought my muscular legs were my best feature.
  • lilharumaki
    lilharumaki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi!! First of all, I’ve learned a lot in the last few years of recovering from body dysmorphia that your “femininity” does not depend on your body type! If you identify as a woman and you want to feel pretty, you can and you are! 💜

Second, my body is nowhere near perfect but I feel the same as you!! I am 5’1 and my lowest weight in adulthood has been 140... I am also muscular. Really want to get down to 130 though!! Let’s support each other!tcl7yi1fqmq9.jpeg
    ayulwe5nwo8x.jpeg
    (As you can see, I am very stocky but also love dressing girly! You can do it!)
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hi HippieGypsySoul! I don’t have PCOS but I’m on medication that makes it hard to lose weight. I went off the medication a few years back and lost lots of weight. I was under 135lbs. I wasn’t eating though so it wasn’t healthy. I’m trying to focus on being healthy now and accepting my body as it is right now rather than trying so hard to lose weight.
  • HippieGypsySoul
    HippieGypsySoul Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who has taken the time to reply. I sincerely appreciate all the positivity!!