Macros for weight loss

Options
HI everyone,

I am obese and just began my weight loss journey. I was wondering what are good macro ratios for weight loss?

Replies

• NirmalPatel123
    NirmalPatel123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    It doesn't matter for weight loss. All that matters for weightloss is being in a calorie deficit. Macros are for health (eat enough protein and fats) and for satiety. What macro split makes you full is totally individual though.

Thanks for your reply!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    It doesn't matter for weight loss. All that matters for weightloss is being in a calorie deficit. Macros are for health (eat enough protein and fats) and for satiety. What macro split makes you full is totally individual though.

I'll second this and add, if you're using MFP to track, the default macros for each are just fine. You can adjust as you go on if you find you're having trouble with satiety.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No one macro combo is better than another for weight loss per se. Different folks react differently in terms of hunger satisfaction. Carbs make me hungry so I avoid them in the evening. I have Type II diabetes and my endocrinologist is happy with my 40/30/30 (C/P/F) split though truth be told I'm often higher on fats and lower on proteins but it's a goal. You can choose your own based on your own particulars. We all need some of each for health.