Omg!!! Here I go again!!

Options
Hello friends...I am back.... struggling yet again and even harder since the covid began....I am 46 years old and 5'2"...I am not very active...but have many things I can do including elliptical machine and small weights and bands...all that....I am still struggling with motivation....I know I am the only one to do this...I want food to not be such a friend (or is that a bad way to look at it?) I also know that if I lose my first few pounds...I will feel better and have more energy to accomplish more....it's the motivation I am seriously lacking...I am a stay at wife and caregiver for my mother and just find it so easy just to do bare minimum and sit down and watch television....I don't eat alot...but what I eat and no exercise make it really add up and I feel so down....for some reason I keep looking at losing weight as a horrid job or like going to the dentist....hahaha....but seriously I need to change my outlook and become more positive....I just want to feel better again....I want to be around a long time!!!!

Replies

• ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I understand how easy it is to look at losing weight as a horrid job. I was in that mind set for a long time. My husband kept getting me to look at it differently and to enjoy the process. I joined a nice gym. I got a cool new headset and my kids showed me how to use Spotify. Now, I actually see going to the gym and working out as a treat and something I enjoy. I actually do 'work out' when I go there, not hang around talking. It is hard, but I enjoy it. I lose weight very slowly, but am enjoying the process much better now.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I’m similar stats (5’3” and 46)

You are right that if you can just get started and build some success it can really help...but getting started is hard! Are you interested in a daily “movement” check-in? I’m thinking of a commitment for x amount of days to message me and tell me what exercise you’d done (and I’d do the same). If that sounds like it might help shoot me a friend request and a message.

Either way, good luck finding the motivation to get going.
  • im4gryffindor
    im4gryffindor Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    That sounds wonderful!!! I would love that ☺️... It doesn't give me an option to send a friend request...idk how to do that....
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @im4gryffindor yeah it’s not exactly user friendly. I’m off to bed but I’ll add you first.