Looking for a good beginners challenge on Youtube.

Options
Currently I'm doing random work outs I find on Youtube but I decided I want to start with a challenge soon of 2 to 4 weeks. But since there are so many of them I don't know which are best for me. I looked at a few of Chloe Ting and a few others but they all contain things that for now are too hard for me.

I'm looking for a challenge that is:
- Kind to my knees and ankles.(So not to much jumping)
- Not too much planking because if I do that my wrists starts to protest.
- I prefer standing work outs but some on the floor are ok too.
- Full body work out challenge

I do have resistance bands (dynaband kind) and 1kg dumbbells so work outs with those are fine.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Check out Jenny Ford and Jessica Smith. They have a lot of workouts suitable for beginners. I love Sydney Cummings, but it might be too advanced and does include planks. You can always modify a movement in any program that you are not ready for. You can do planks on your elbows/forearms instead of hands, or do standing abs. Jumping can be modified to a low impact option. Most instructors will give you modifications, but you know your body and how it feels better than anyone else.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'd also maybe suggest fitnessblender, if you go to their website you can sort their youtube workouts by difficulty and filter it to "low impact"
  • sakurablossoms82
    sakurablossoms82 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm doing random work outs I find on Youtube but I decided I want to start with a challenge soon of 2 to 4 weeks. But since there are so many of them I don't know which are best for me. I looked at a few of Chloe Ting and a few others but they all contain things that for now are too hard for me.

I'm looking for a challenge that is:
    - Kind to my knees and ankles.(So not to much jumping)
    - Not too much planking because if I do that my wrists starts to protest.
    - I prefer standing work outs but some on the floor are ok too.
    - Full body work out challenge

I do have resistance bands (dynaband kind) and 1kg dumbbells so work outs with those are fine.

In addition to other's suggestions I would recommend you follow a good wrist and scapula warm up routine. You can find gabo saturno's wrist warm ups on youtube. Don't be intimidated by his videos. I am only recommending the wrist warm up part.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/user/yaboymillhoy
    Millionaire Hoy has a beginner challenge going on right now. He has the workouts uploaded to his channel.