Chicken Breast

Options
huggit
huggit Posts: 32 Member
Hi

I have had 125g of chicken breast for tea, just plain old chicken breast. There are lots of different values calorie wise for this in the foods. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the green check marks in the MFP database are used for both user-created entries and admin-created entries that MFP pulled from the USDA database. To find admin entries for whole foods, I get the syntax from the USDA database and paste that into MFP.

The USDA changed the platform for their database in 2019 and it is unfortunately a little more difficult to use. I uncheck everything but SR Legacy - that seems to be what MFP used to pull in entries.

In order to find the entry I wanted for chicken I had to include a bunch of keywords. "chicken, breast, cooked, roasted" gave me https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/?query=chicken, breast, cooked and from that you can see the syntax for the MFP entry to use is "Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, cooked, roasted"

If your 125 grams was raw chicken, the entry to use is "Chicken, broiler or fryers, breast, skinless, boneless, meat only, raw"

Note: any MFP entry that includes "USDA" was user entered.

For packaged foods, I verify the label against what I find in MFP. (Alas, you cannot just scan with your phone and assume what you get is correct.)