68 and Determined

Options
IWTBF67
IWTBF67 Posts: 68 Member
Found out I’m pre diabetic and need to get serious about my weight and overall health. Friends needed for support. I’m female!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome,

This thread seems popular and might be a great place to find friends in a similar situation:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

~best wishes on your journey
  • josephharvard
    josephharvard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I am also 68, male, and I also have to watch my sugar intake as I have been pre-diabetic in the past but was able to get my blood sugar back under control with diet. I have just had a second heart event despite being on a whole food plant based diet since my first event three years ago. I am committed to the plant based diet modified to lower my sugar intake, as well calorie counting to get my weight down, and more vigorous exercise. Friends for support would be nice.
  • cbrookc
    cbrookc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am 62 and concerned about my weight and diet and the impact it is having on my health. My everything hurts right now and I am hoping to avoid surgery. My cholesterol is slightly elevated. Also, have been concerned about prediabetes. I have family history and would like to avoid that. I have been seriously paying attention to food choices and drinking more water for a week this time. Looking for a support system/tribe to walk these muddy waters. We've got this girls! Cheers!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 62 and I am afraid I am creeping toward pre diabetes. I decided to get serious about weight loss and started making small changes earlier this summer. I have recently committed to tracking which has helped a lot. I have lost about 6 pounds since the end of June. I have a physical coming up in 2 weeks and I am hoping my glucose levels are better than they were in March. That was the first time they were high. I know I need to this for my health. We can all do this.