AHHHH Getting Married in a month...gotta lose it fast

sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, I am new in here. I just got my Zumba your way to fitness package and went to the store to replace my normal ground meat to turkey and my cheesecake for fat free yogurt! I have packed on 20 pounds easy in the last 4 months (since my fiance and I got comfy) planning a wedding and now I cant fit into my dress.

Zumba-ing is so much fun...BUT I just dont move like they do......20 mins in and I am pooped. I need some motivation and fast.......I have to get at least the 20 pounds off fast and 2 dress sizes smaller HELP YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    Hi all, I am new in here. I just got my Zumba your way to fitness package and went to the store to replace my normal ground meat to turkey and my cheesecake for fat free yogurt! I have packed on 20 pounds easy in the last 4 months (since my fiance and I got comfy) planning a wedding and now I cant fit into my dress.

Zumba-ing is so much fun...BUT I just dont move like they do......20 mins in and I am pooped. I need some motivation and fast.......I have to get at least the 20 pounds off fast and 2 dress sizes smaller HELP YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    There is only one way to lose weight-Eat right and exercise.
    Watch what you are eating and make sure you are eating ALL your calories. Drink plenty of water.
    Diet pills-juice diets-lose 10 in 10 days-stay away from. Your health is too important to fall for those.

Put your dress where you can see it each day. That right there should help you do this. We are all here for you too.
    Good luck and congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • I am roughly in the same situation. I'm getting married in August, and I really want to lose about 15 pounds before then. This website has helped me be more aware of how much I'm eating, but it is still so hard to fight those cravings! I find that eating a lot of veggies as snacks are good because they have so few calories. If anyone else has some more helpful tips, let me know!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    I'VE DONE ZUMBA 4 TIMES NOW AND STILL HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH SOME OF THE MOVES. IT'S A BLAST AND BURNS LOTS OF CALORIES! ZUMBA IS GREAT CARDIO, BUT MAKE SURE YOU'RE LIFTING WEIGHTS AT LEAST 3 DAYS ALSO!
  • sassiebritches
    Thanks Mickie, Just getting used to it, seems all my stuff is jiggling at this point hahahahahaha, maybe it will zumba its way off me.....
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    what is zumba??
  • sassiebritches
    what is zumba??

go to zumbafitness.com and check it out....also type in zumba on you tube and it will show you, latin dancing.............
  • Hmm..I just went to the website and checked it out..looks like a lot of fun..tiring, but fun! I'm always looking for new workouts to add to my repertoire. I've been doing the same yoga/biggest loser DVD's for a while now, and I'm thinking about getting something new to add to the mix.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Hmm..I just went to the website and checked it out..looks like a lot of fun..tiring, but fun! I'm always looking for new workouts to add to my repertoire. I've been doing the same yoga/biggest loser DVD's for a while now, and I'm thinking about getting something new to add to the mix.

I bought the Punch, kick and Jam from Turbo Jam on ebay for $10. The WHOLE turbo jam thing costs like 80 bucks with shipping and all....but I'm REALLY liking the video I got. 20 mins to 30 mins go by in no time...that's usually all the time I have for them. I TOTALLY recommend them.
  • Good luck on the wedding. I know it can be hard and if you're like me when the nerves strike the first thing I do on impulse is eat so just be aware. Some really good advice I have gotten is to eat a meal blindfolded. Most people eat until their plate is empty and to prove it, if you'll eat a normal meal one night and then eat the same size meal the next night but blindfolded, you will most likely leave over half the food on your plate when you feel full instead of depending on your eyes to tell you when you ar e full. It really is a good motivation tool for you to be aware of true hunger or just the desire to eat. Also it's not just the wedding. It's so easy to get comfortable with each other and not get the exercise you need in your new life. You can do it if you really try. Just keep up the good work and I hope you have the most wonderful wedding two people can ever have and your life afterwards if even better.
This discussion has been closed.