New to mfp tried it once but it didn't work. Looking for motivation

Options
Hey I am looking for motivation. I have a samsung active 2 and learning how to use that with mfp Trying to loose a little bit of weight. I am 4'9 weigh 104 pounds. Feel free to add me. I don't know how to add people or add my friends on here. I do have a few friends on here but they added me years ago

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool, but for it to 'work' you need realistic goals and a commitment to tracking all you consume, with as much accuracy as possible.

You're in the middle range of what is considered healthy based on BMI.

Realistically, any weight loss for you is going to be gradual/slow. A smaller body uses less energy - at least as compared to a bigger body. Do you have a fairly active lifestyle? If you have a desk job, are you able to fit in activity before/after work? The reason I ask is because if sedentary, your body is only using about 1300-1400 calories per day worth of energy. Having an active job, where you're on your feet a good bit thru the day, will increase that a little. And exercise/cardio can boost it a little more.

The lowest most women should consume is 1200 calories per day, and that can be tough to do. Without exercise, eating 1200 would mean a weight loss of about 1-2 pounds per month for you. You would need to track all food/drinks (with calories at least) as accurately as possible. Avoid estimation and guessing. And have patience because it could take 2-3 months to see a true trend.

On the other hand: is it weight loss you are seeking or is the shape/fitness of your body what you are trying to change? Because toning up and improving muscle definition can change the way your body looks and there is a wealth of knowledge on that topic in the forums also.

• Tinychick0206
    Tinychick0206 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for replying. I am looking to get rid of my belly fat. I am a dog trainer and usually walk around A lot but since covid haven't been able to go to work. Yeah the tracking is what is getting me. I can do it. I am really trying to cut down on fatty foods and everything. Today tracking everything I eat and putting it in the fitness app. Yeah my fitness pal and my Samsung health have that roughing to 12,000 or more. Good to know