Burnt. Out.

Options
I am burnt the *@&! out.

I've been doing really well. Since March, I've lost 41 lbs and went from a size 18 to a 12-14. I look better, and feel better. Been getting lots of positive comments and support from friends, family, and coworkers.

But I'm so sick of counting calories. Worrying about how many calories I've had. How many I can still have. I've found myself having a lot more snacks/cheats. Nothing out of control or ridiculous yet. But I can feel myself starting to slide down that slippery slope... I need to get my *kitten* back in the swing of things and get back on track. But...ugh.

One good thing I have going for me is the fact that I really don't dread working out yet. I'll stop just short of saying I "enjoy" it. But I do love how I feel when I'm done, and the feeling of accomplishment.

Ugh. Just....ugh.

What do you do to rejuvenate yourself?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I take a week off. I need a time to deload, let my body rest and not be worried about calories (but not binge). I think this happens a lot more than you'd think. We all get burned out. Weight loss is not easy and there are times that you need to step away to make sure you don't become obsessed and stay healthy.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    I find a lot of motivation reading success stories on these boards. I'm a before & after picture addict. And I tell myself that if they can do it, I can too.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon beginning of May (bought my first house, moved and mom fell unexpectedly ill was in hospital). Anyway i just celebrated my 20th log in day. I am very competitive so i joined a challenge on here, its kinda fun. Try something new. Theres tons of recipes that are yummy! I want to try them all!!!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is so, so, so hard. The transition from "diet" to "lifestyle change" I think is what is key to me. What exactly does this mean? For me, it's about letting go of the obsessive compulsion to think I have to do everything "perfectly" and adopt more of a "moderation" style. This is something that really just happened to me about 4-6 weeks ago. I realized although I was quite possibly physically in the best shape of my life, I did not really have a life. I was only taking care of my physical well being and ignoring my mental and emotional health. So now I am trying to workout three times a week with weights and cardio and still monitoring my caloric intake although not being as obsessive about it. If I want ice cream, I eat it. I just try and make sure I am not eating it for emotional reasons. And I'm doing things I enjoy (photography) for my emotional well being. And trying not to be obsessive about that either. My new word is "Balance". I'm trying to be as balanced as I possibly can be, doing things I need to do as well as things I enjoy doing. I am hopeful these changes will be key to an actual lifestyle change instead of just another diet for me.
  • weavemyway
    weavemyway Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    50lbs into my weight loss, and I was in the same boat as you. I was sick of the counting, and I missed eating whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted. Still worked out, so I didn't gain much back, about 10 lbs. Once the scale showed a 10 lb gain, I was remotivated to start logging again and taking it seriously. But really, weightloss can take such a mental toll on a person, especially if they stop seeing results, which is why I fell off the wagon to begin with. I don't know any tricks, but reading success stories, trying new recipes, or changing your routine might help. For me, I decided to get involved in the "social" aspect of MFP to keep my interested. Good luck to you!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP, just think of the bottom line... what's going to happen if you stop counting? If you're already feeling that you're drifting off, maybe it will be worse if you don't log it?

I don't really know what to say though... I've been there, I'm sure a lot of us have. It's what's hard about the whole thing, losing weight is great and all but you have to be so careful not to gain it back. Maybe include more 'junk' you crave in your diary for a bit, even if you go over a little, then go back to it... Good luck.