drinking all that water...

Options
Ok, I try to drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water which is about 135 oz a day. After about half of that I am just running to pee (sorry TMI but its important question) and its clear. Like the water ran straight through my body and did nothing but make me pee. So what is the point of drinking all that water. Even when it looks clear has it did its job or should I cut back and get the 8 glasses of 8 oz and let the rest go??:huh:

Replies

• Karyn1964
    Karyn1964 Posts: 14
    Options
    I would have to think it is too flush your kidneys of all the toxins built up from bad eating over the years,and it also regulates blood pressure.Good luck :happy:
  • blkgrlwithdreams
    Options
    Your body requires water to function. From your blood to your heart, you need water to help your body! :) Your pee being clear is a good sign, it's when you urine is a dark yellow or other color and has a strong odor, then you should be worried! Keep up the hard work.. I've been downing 100+ oz a day, it's not half my body weight but it still does the job. You could always cut back if you want to as well!

Tes
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ok, I try to drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water which is about 135 oz a day. After about half of that I am just running to pee (sorry TMI but its important question) and its clear. Like the water ran straight through my body and did nothing but make me pee. So what is the point of drinking all that water. Even when it looks clear has it did its job or should I cut back and get the 8 glasses of 8 oz and let the rest go??:huh:

If its clear its good, that means your kidneys are clean and you are hydrated, keep it it you're doing great!!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Yes, water is a good thing. (I have heard of people overdoing water and making them sick...but that is LARGE< LARGE amounts...not what we are talking about) and FYI the frequent bathroom trips will also slow as your body gets used to it......hope this helps....
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    It is possible to cut it back and be okay. I definitely don't drink half my weight.

Personally I can't drink all that water, my body never really adjusts and I pee literally every five minutes. I have to do phone interviews for a magazine that don't allow me the luxury of just running to the bathroom every five minutes. We also have proofing in a cramped room and a limited amount of time to do it in, as well as regular road trips to visit clients. Were I flying solo, sure I could stop every intersection at a gas station, but we're usually out in pairs. So it wasn't a sustainable change for me.

There are a lot of different approaches to figuring out how much you should have per day and plenty of stuff about how ice water helps weight loss. For example: "Replacement approach. The average urine output for adults is about 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) a day. You lose close to an additional liter (about 4 cups) of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace your lost fluids."

But then there's "he Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day."

I try to stay hydrated by going with the Mayo Clinics recommendations: If you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate.

So I figure I'm doing myself a big favor by just trying to be properly hydrated, which is more than I bothered with before.
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    Our bodies need water to stay functioning and rid the body of toxins that can potentially reek havoc on our bodies. Not to get TMI here. If your pee is clear then your kidneys are "flushed" out of the toxins. If it is yellow then you aren't getting enough water intake. It sounds like your body is in great shape. The constant running to the bathroom is just getting rid of whats in the kidneys.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's funny, there are days I'll drink 100 oz of water and pee is clear.
    Then there are days I'll drink 100 oz of water and it's still not.
    Best I can figure is depending on what you eat, your body needs more water some days than others.
    I figure the best thing I can do is always drink at least 100 oz. and if my body's flushed - great! If it's not, I drink as much as I can and then hope for the best. :drinker: