Arms Workout routine!

Hi everybody!
I have a problem...
My arms don't look proportional with the rest of my body.... my chest, back, and legs look great! However my arm stopped at 12.5 inches!
My calories intake are 3000 calories
And I play calisthenics with high volume. Additionally, I added biceps curle, and I play 6 sets with fast 5reps in each... do anybody have any idea to make it look better?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Here is one. I worked with a coach before.

- Standing alternating DB curls 4 sets x 15
    - Close grip barbell curls 4 sets x 15
    - Isolation DB curl 4 sets x 15
    - super set with DB hammer curls
    -Tricep DB extention overhead 4 sets x 15
    - DB or cable kickbacks 4 sets x 15, 15, 15, 12
    - Tricep push downs 4 sets x 15, 15, 15, 12
    - super set with dips 4 x 15
  • Clive_1963
    Clive_1963 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2020
    I do 4 reps and each rep gets less and the weights go up. The first 15 are low weight for a warm up.
    example
    DB bench press
    15x (2x)14kg DB's
    12x (2x)16kg DB's
    10 x (2x)18kg DB's
    8 x (2x)20kg DB's

I used to just do 4 sets of 15 and the same weight but the trainer said dropping reps and increasing weight helps break down your muscle forcing it to rebuild and thus become bigger.

During lock down my belly is out of proportion to the rest of my body ;-) gonna love getting back in the sport school.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,428 Member
    edited July 2020
    kandivl_3 wrote: »
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem...
    My arms don't look proportional with the rest of my body.... my chest, back, and legs look great! However my arm stopped at 12.5 inches!
    And I play calisthenics with high volume. Additionally, I added biceps curle, and I play 6 sets with fast 5reps in each... do anybody have any idea to make it look better?

How many pull ups pushups, dips or other bodyweight compound exercises can you do? How is your bench/overhead press, rows, etc?

If you don't have decent numbers on these compound movements doing arm isolation exercises is a waste of time.

Also if your numbers in the above are good, remember the tricep muscles make up significantly more of the upper arm diameter than the biceps.
  • kandivl_3
    kandivl_3 Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2020
    My workout consist of :
    45 diamond pushups
    45 dips
    45 pullups
    50 sec punch on the wall
    Beside that I do:
    Plunks 2 mins
    Side plunk 1 min each
    V-sit for 30 sec

I do also purpee and jumping Jack... my progress can be shown in my midsection but my arm is not looking good
  • Theoldguy1
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem...

How many pull ups pushups, dips or other bodyweight compound exercises can you do? How is your bench/overhead press, rows, etc?

If you don't have decent numbers on these compound movements doing arm isolation exercises is a waste of time.

Also if your numbers in the above are good, remember the tricep muscles make up significantly more of the upper arm diameter than the biceps.

Why is arm isolation a waste of time if his arms are disproportionately small?

Most strength and conditioning experts will suggest building a good base with compound exercises before doing much isolation work. Hence the question regarding the strength in basic compound exercises.

We have no idea what the OP's training history is that is why I asked about strength in basic movements.
  • Theoldguy1
    edited July 2020
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem...

Most strength and conditioning experts will suggest building a good base with compound exercises before doing much isolation work. Hence the question regarding the strength in basic compound exercises.

We have no idea what the OP's training history is that is why I asked about strength in basic movements.

He’s asking about specific hypertrophy not S&C,

Yep I know. One is not going to make much progress with hypertrophy without a decent base. Hence my question as to the OP's base.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem...

Yep I know. One is not going to make much progress with hypertrophy without a decent base. Hence my question as to the OP's base.

Genuine question, why won’t he make much progress With hypertrophy without a decent strength base ?
  • Theoldguy1
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem...

Genuine question, why won’t he make much progress With hypertrophy without a decent strength base ?

Google "best way to build arm size compound or isolation exercises" lots of good articles, some samples

https://stronglifts.com/bigger-arms/#gref
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler74.htm
    https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/arm-exercises/4-compound-moves-massive-biceps-and-triceps/
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member

I prefer books to internet articles tbh
    Great section in schoenfelds updated book
    On why single joint exercises provide greater stimulus and hypertrophy In smaller muscle groups like the arms backed upped by meta analysis
    616urb5k3vws.jpeg

Renaissance Diet 2.0!!! <3
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    I used to check YouTube for arms routines, there is plenty of exercises there. Just pick one stick to it for 3 to 4 weeks and take progress notes in ur phone notes. Try to progress each week.

You can add me i share my workout routines, 🥰
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    You might want to focus on the triceps. Triceps are 2/3 of the volume of your upper arms, and also the long head of the triceps is 2/3 of the volume of the triceps. Look for exercices that target the long head.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Turn up the volume and intensity and you will get guns. Maybe try hitting arms twice a week. 5 to 6 sets and 12 reps to failure with progressive overload. Include long head tricep lifts for sure. All the best.