Food Diary History - Where did it go and Miscellaneous.

Options
Schila64
Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
I joined MFP in 2010, but was not really serious about it. In March 2017 I decided to get fit and lean so I decided to eat clean/healthy and working out religiously. Besides that, I started to track everything I ate here. It took me 6 months to get lean and healthy and in a place I felt comfortable with myself. Here is a picture
ok241iyl5m4j.jpg
Picture on the left was September 2017, picture on the right was June 2019.

Three years have passed. I got lazy to put it that way and was not logging in what I was eating and my workout were not as they use to be. I haven't put weight on but I feel like something has changed. I want to go back to what I was doing in 2017, but found out that my food diary are not there anymore. Has anybody experience this? All I can go back is to August 2017, but 4 months are lost.

Also MFP is putting me at 1200 / day. At 56, I think that 1200 is very low. I've gone to the settings and change it to lose .5 lbs/week but still tells me 1200/day. Don't you think 1200 is low for a 56 year old female?

Thanks

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I found my historic foods lists has gone too. I only wanted to reuse something all be it after some time.

Schilla64 - forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't think you mentioned your height that might make a difference. Also setting your activity level to something which may reflect your activity level better, rather than accepting "sedentary" should make a difference.

1200 calories are very low and restricting its difficult to make best choices and balance one's diet at this level.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?

If I wanted to lose half a pound a week, I'd be pretty close to 1,200 before accounting for any exercise (I currently maintain on 1,430 not counting exercise). What you're seeing is probably just the logical outcome of being a lower weight -- your base calorie needs are lower than a bigger person, so creating a deficit requires going relatively low. That said, if you're doing exercise, you'll get to add those calories to your base.

Also, MFP doesn't store your food diary forever. I believe we only get a couple of years, after that it is gone.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4”. I believe I have my exercise level at moderately .
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Sometime in the past year MFP notified users that if they wanted to keep their long-term data (e.g., food diary) they either had to start paying for premium or export it immediately. Up to that point, I had been able to go back about six years to when I first started using MFP and look at diary info.