Can’t get past 10.11

Options
Hey guys
So I’ve managed to lose a bit of weight I’m now 10.11 when I was 11.3 before :) so nearly 1/2 a stone
I’ve been calorie counting and been good but I can’t seem to get any lower
Anyone know what’s going on? Have I h it a plateau?
I’ve logged everything I’ve eaten and I haven’t overeaten or had sugary things...
Maybe it’s still the “lady thing” as I call it put a halt in my weight loss this week xx

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    g8hkjwviqzcc.jpg
    16tokrrba9nf.png
    y6v1l9398y9k.jpg
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    g8hkjwviqzcc.jpg
    16tokrrba9nf.png
    y6v1l9398y9k.jpg

Do we really have to go down to only .5 lb/week if you have 20lbs to lose? That seems so slow
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    That's healthy weight loss.

For me to lose 2 lbs a week calories are 944 per day.
    1.5 lbs a week 1194
    1.0 lb a week 1444
    0.5 lb a week 1694

I'm still 65-70 lbs from my goal and my weight loss is set at 1 lb a week.

I'm guessing the 1st 25 and the last 25 will be my hardest to lose.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food with a digital scales?
  • harper16
    Options
    Now I really want to know why someone reported my post?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

@harper16 Report that post and have mods remove it. Someone may have hit it in error.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes hani :)

I have a digital scale and I weigh everything xx
    Are you weighing all your food with a digital scales?

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Do we really have to go down to only .5 lb/week if you have 20lbs to lose? That seems so slow

It's a general suggestion and not applicable to everyone whatever their size / activity / exercise. Clearly someone much larger can lose safely and with a decent calorie allowance at a quicker rate than someone tiny.
    1% max of bodyweight is another general suggestion on the same infographic - again not applicable to everyone.
    Put the two guidelines together into a range and there's a good chance somewhere in that range is a good place to be.

A week with no weight change isn't a plateau, it's just part of being human and as a young female one suggestion is to compare the weeks in your cycle month on month rather than comparing week to week.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Are you saying your weight has not dropped this week? Need to give it more time. Could easily be water weight from 'lady things' or sodium or stress or a number of other things. You won't lose weight 'every' week.

A good indication that things are going as they should: you have 6-8 weeks of accurate food logging and your weight is less than it was 4 weeks previously. From there, just rinse & repeat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing the right things and it will happen.

You're not stuck. Plateaus during weight loss are common, especially (like you said) for women of childbearing age.

Weight loss is not linear, like that first graphic illustrates in Go_Deskercise's post.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your nice and informative comments :)

I’m still going, don’t want people to think this is going to put me off :) I’m having braces in a few weeks so being off the good junk stuff is a good thing because I won’t be able to eat it anyway 🤣🤣 haha!!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    While plateaus during weight loss are totally normal, I have a couple of questions.

Are you set to sedentary in MFP? If not, I would change that and log your exercise.

How long have you been doing the same (or almost the same thing)? If it’s been more than 8 weeks, it’s time to change things up, at least somewhat. Take a week where you eat maintenance calories instead of deficit. Change your workout around. Your body adjusts and becomes accustomed to the same thing week over week, so you have to continuously shake it up to get results.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much are you trying to lose?

If it's only this week that you haven't lost, that's not a plateau and it definitely could be normal fluctuations / TOM. It may also be worth checking whether you are selecting accurate entries from the database.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

If it was intentionally reported, my guess is that it was because you are eating under the minimum required to maintain health--1200 cal/day for women, 1500 for men. Eating under 1200--unless you've had bariatric surgery and/or are under a doctor's care--is a sign of an eating disorder. MFP strives to prevent posts that may indicate unhealthy/unsafe dietary practices.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »

If it was intentionally reported, my guess is that it was because you are eating under the minimum required to maintain health--1200 cal/day for women, 1500 for men. Eating under 1200--unless you've had bariatric surgery and/or are under a doctor's care--is a sign of an eating disorder. MFP strives to prevent posts that may indicate unhealthy/unsafe dietary practices.

Except that harper16 isn't eating under the min required.

Her comment says that "to lose 2 lbs a week calories are 944 per day. 1.5 lbs a week 1194. 1.0 lb a week 1444" but she goes on to say "I'm still 65-70 lbs from my goal and my weight loss is set at 1 lb a week" which presumably means she's eating 1444 - which is very definitely not under eating.

I thought she was saying that had been her practice before she got to where she is now. I am glad she's not undereating, either way, but if my assumption is wrong, it's quite possible someone else read it as I did.
  • harper16
    edited July 2020
    Options

Her comment says that "to lose 2 lbs a week calories are 944 per day. 1.5 lbs a week 1194. 1.0 lb a week 1444" but she goes on to say "I'm still 65-70 lbs from my goal and my weight loss is set at 1 lb a week" which presumably means she's eating 1444 - which is very definitely not under eating.

I thought she was saying that had been her practice before she got to where she is now. I am glad she's not undereating, either way, but if my assumption is wrong, it's quite possible someone else read it as I did.

My comment obviously not very clear was people need to figure out what is a healthy rate for weight loss. Even though I still have a lot to lose 2 lbs a week isn't healthy. I've had an eating disorder in the past, and do my best everyday to not fall back into those habits. My weight loss is slow and steady and that for me is the best.
  • mkculs13
    Options

My comment obviously not very clear was people need to figure out what is a healthy rate for weight loss. Even though I still have a lot to lose 2 lbs a week isn't healthy. I've had an eating disorder in the past, and do my best everyday to not fall back into those habits. My weight loss is slow and steady and that for me is the best.

So glad to hear you are doing what is healthy and sustainable, especially if you have already struggled with an eating disorder.